BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you all mounted your PS2 in your glovebox?
I will strickly put it here,and nowhere else.

Where did you mount your Power Convertor & FM Modulator?
Did you use brackets? bolts? Tie wraps?
Where did you drill it to?
How stable was your PS2 in the glovebox? any skipping?

Any pics would be great!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I dont think its even possible to mount something as big as a PS2 ina glovebox withough heavy modification and fiberglassing. Its a damn small space.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i know a couple guys on the board have done it. but i cant remember who it was or what they had to do to make it work.

·
Imported *******
872 Posts
it's much easier to put it under th glove box....there's plenty of room to farbricate a little shelf where the PS2 + converters can fit neatly

installer charged me $60 for this...yes, it's that easy

·
Formerly know as phatbimma
1,284 Posts
I used to have it in my glove box....

first you need to cut a hole in the left side of the glove box where the power and RCA cable will run through....then if done right it fits the only problem is that it is a real tight fit and if you move the PS2 slightly the glove box will not close (this is why I took mine out) also you could have issues with the wires unplugging themselves...the glovebox will not close if you are using a memory card...once the PS2 is in nothing else fits in there anymore...all in all I made a hole in the back of my glove box for nothing (I put some fiberglass on the back and put new liner over the inside of the back of the glovebox, looks as new..)

One thing you should also think of is that you will have to unplug the controlpads all the time which is a pain...

Mine is now in the trunk where the cd changer normally is, there are 2 extension cables that run to my back seats and sit in the groves next to the seat belt clips (I also added a button to cut the converter off, the converter is mounted in the spare tire well) and thats where I have my control pads running from...

hope that helps

·
Formerly know as phatbimma
1,284 Posts
I forgot to say that I havent experienced any skipping neither with the PS2 located in the trunk or the glovebox...

The glove box is really to small and the other problem is that we also have our fuse box there...which reminds me you will have to trim the grey bits to make the glove box close.....all in all a pain unless your going to modify the whole glove box

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What i did was to buy wireless controllers for my PS2 (RF freq).
I also got a 300w power invertor & a FM modulator.
I heard PS2 only needs 150w to run.

Anybody know what wire is best to tap in for my power invertor?

·
Banned
2,576 Posts
James330I said:
it's much easier to put it under th glove box....there's plenty of room to farbricate a little shelf where the PS2 + converters can fit neatly

installer charged me $60 for this...yes, it's that easy

James!!! can you take some pictures for us Please---PLEASE--PLEASE =)

We want to see your setup

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After working on my PS2 today, I concluded that,

You must cut the bracket that holds the glovebox.
You must cut the corner behind the actual glovebox also.

Looks like you have to drill two holes on the sides of the PS2....ooch! I dont know how others did it but I had to cut 3 metal tabs behind the fuse box!

This project is not simple folks.
Not to mention my power invertor & RF modulator, but thats a different subject.:banghead:

I'll post pics when i'm done

1 - 12 of 12 Posts