E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along yesterday noticed a thump thump sound, pulled over and found that my tire was flat. Took a pic of it today, im not an expert on tires so i was hoping some of you could shed some light on what may have caused this.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
whoa..do you remember the last time you checked your psi?

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
dame, it looks suspicious... maybe someone punctured ur tires on purpose? ilke slashed it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lilherc79 said:
dame, it looks suspicious... maybe someone punctured ur tires on purpose? ilke slashed it.
Unfortunately i haven't checked the tire pressure for a loong time, so long i forgot when the last time was. Should've done it more often and maybe could have prevented this..

Slashing? couldn't be, the gash is on the inside of the tire which makes it pretty hard to do somethin like that.

How long do stock continentals last for, i'm close to 40,000km's on these, maybe i could use this as an opportunity to upgrade all 4.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
WOW 40K!!! thats way over its life period. mine lasted for like 30K thats it.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
30k miles is more than 40k kms :)

but yes, use this as an opportunity to upgrade, even if there is tread left, becuase contis suck. Get S03s

·
Registered
915 Posts
Probably cut by something in road. Split in a bit of odd location but nothing suspect.

Call me for a new one..

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just an update, dropped by the local tire store and they checked out the tire. Looks like there was a small leak in the tire so i rode on the sidewall, cut it up pretty badly the entire circumference around.

I picked up myself a set of s03's for both the rear tires, they'll be mounted in a couple days. The fronts have a few thousand more km's to go, i'll run those and finish off the front tread and replace them with s03's in a couple months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts