BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
get software that will raise my rev limit to 7k without a tune involved. with my new 3.46 diff id like to raise it but just want the rev limit raised for now until i get a intake and headers later on and get a AA tune. anyone??

TIA

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Get a SHARK and call it a day, or you can see how much a dealer wants for a ZHP flash.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im looking at just a rev limit software upload maybe 50 bucks or so just for that. zhp only bumps it to 6750 right? and if i were to do zhp woulednt my engine act funny with the slightely smaller cams

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
You are best of just getting the shark. Look at a couple of dyno graphs, bumping the rev limit to 7K isnt going to earn you anthing.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are best of just getting the shark. Look at a couple of dyno graphs, bumping the rev limit to 7K isnt going to earn you anthing.
to earn anything..... umm you must not be very experinced with diffs. if i drop into 3rd at 70 mph im at 5800 and i want that extra 500 to make it a worthwhile gear. you must not understand and no need to explain further like i said i dont want power just long ggear time with my shorter diff

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
to earn anything..... umm you must not be very experinced with diffs. if i drop into 3rd at 70 mph im at 5800 and i want that extra 500 to make it a worthwhile gear. you must not understand and no need to explain further like i said i dont want power just long ggear time with my shorter diff
On the street you really aren't going to gain anything by staying in gear longer as power and torque start dropping off around 6k rpm. With that diff ratio and road speed, a shift into 3rd puts you well past the motor's torque peak and thus beyond range for optimal acceleration. Increasing the rev limit isn't going to change that one bit. The only way you might benefit from the higher rev limit is on an auto-x course where it might allow you to stay in a single gear instead of having to upshift on a "long" straight and then downshift again for the next corner. But hey, you seem to be the resident expert on everything these days so do what you like.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On the street you really aren't going to gain anything by staying in gear longer as power and torque start dropping off around 6k rpm. With that diff ratio and road speed, a shift into 3rd puts you well past the motor's torque peak and thus beyond range for optimal acceleration. Increasing the rev limit isn't going to change that one bit. The only way you might benefit from the higher rev limit is on an auto-x course where it might allow you to stay in a single gear instead of having to upshift on a "long" straight and then downshift again for the next corner. But hey, you seem to be the resident expert on everything these days so do what you like.
thank you but just looking for the answer in the op

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is nothing special about ZHP cams. The answer has already been given on this subject.
dont want 6800 rev limit for zhp flash i want 7k. dont want shark because i dont need the tune and dont have a intake.. just want the 7k rev limit and thats it answer has not been given in this thread.. can autologic do what i want?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts