E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short of going down to the dealership and driving a new E46, how can I tell if my car has had the steering retro-fit? I bought my car used.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I have to go to the dealership anyways for the shift knob, so I'll ask them there.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Stop the car, but leave it on. If you can with a finger easily move the steering wheel, then you probably don't have the retrofit. Or if the car was built in the last section of 01'.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I will try that later tonight. I went to the dealer though and asked them. The guy looked on the computer and it didn't say anything about the steering being retro-fitted.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
You know how the '01s had over boosted steering, well you an get is so the boost is lowered for a heavier steering feel. :thumbup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
If anyone has had the retrofit lately, how long did it take to get scheduled. I got approved in early November and was told it would be scheduled "shortly". I asked again and was told it will still be "shortly".

Now BMW will not return an email when I asked for more detailed timing (I wanted to time it with suspension mod's to get the alignment done).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts