BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the Eisenmann quad exaust on my car last month, the 76mm tips offered by Rennsport. The look is perfect, but the sound and tone are nearly stock sounding.

Does anybody know of something that can be added to the exhuast? Is there a center section that Eisenmann makes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I obviously don't want it too loud, just a little throatier.

·
Registered
229 Posts
which quad did you get

the sport
racing or what they get louder with the diff modsd

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does the quad pipe need any mod on the rear bumper? I am also thinking of getting one. Do you have any picture on your car?

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you say take the resonator out, you're saying to replace it with a stright pipe? Does Eisenmann make anything to swap in its place.

I don't believe i have the race version. My setup just replaces the stock muffler.

I don't have any pics right now, but there are some on he board if you search. Yes, you hve to cut the bumper to accomodate the other set of pipes, otherwise it just doesn't look right.

·
Resident CF Whore
2,810 Posts
You could always just ask the exhaust shop to custom make you a straight pipe.
That's what I'm doing with my Eisenmann.

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
with my Eisenmann.... i orderd the "sound pipes" which essentialy is nothing special. Basicly a straight pipe. Nice if your gonna install the exhaust yourself and your planning on just clamping it. But if your taking it to a shop, than it really doesnt matter, you could just have them remove the resonator, and fabricate straight pipes right there and weld everything up for you.

also it depends on the performance you got. mine sounds awesome.... but then again i have the meisterchaft version, which is supposed to be the highest performance....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts