E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys show me any post of website showing how to take the headlight out?

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried to unscrew all 4 nuts and it seems to me that the lower eyebrow need to be taken out before the headlight assmebly comes out. Is that ture?

I can only lossen the clip on the inner side of the lower eyebrow, but have a hard time getting the outside out. CAn you guys help?

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
peterlai said:
I tried to unscrew all 4 nuts and it seems to me that the lower eyebrow need to be taken out before the headlight assmebly comes out. Is that ture?

I can only lossen the clip on the inner side of the lower eyebrow, but have a hard time getting the outside out. CAn you guys help?

Peter
Not sure about the M3 but the sedan requires the bumper to be at least loosened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Ya the lower eyebrow needs to gome out
there are some clips - be careful of the the clip that goes to the the fenders - if you need more help i can take pics
 

·
needs a new sig...
Joined
·
3,408 Posts
floow the directions for an angel eye install..those were suffiecnt for me..2 of those screws are *****es
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you mean I need to take the lower eyebrow out before taking the headligh assembly out?

You mentioned there are some clips, but how can I reach the clip if my headlight assembly is on top of it?

Can you (SymbionM3) take some pics on how to remove the lower eyebrow as well as the headlight if you can?

GarrettF, I looked at several DDE installation guide and most of them just have a little portion descriping how to take the headlight out, most of the part on emphaisis on how to install the DDE.

I treid to pull the eyebrow out, but I can only get the inner part out, cannot get the outer part (near the signal) work.

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The problem that I have is how to remove the lower trim under the headlight. I have a hard time getting it out. It meantioned take the trim out using a screwdriver but how? Where's the clip and how can I access that?

Peter
 

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
Joined
·
7,683 Posts
bigjohnstud4200 said:


Not sure about the M3 but the sedan requires the bumper to be at least loosened.
You do not have to loosen the bumper to get the headlight out.

----

Did you look at this?

http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=10

start at #9

To get the bottom part off of the fender use a flat screwdriver and pry the back of the clip off of the fender. If you look in the hole where the corner light goes you can see the back of the clip. Look at this picture to get an idea of what the clip is connected to

<img src="http://performanceix.com/howto/images/10/35.jpg">

you can pop the clip out from the back side by prying it.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
tim330i said:


You do not have to loosen the bumper to get the headlight out.

----

Did you look at this?

http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=10

start at #9

To get the bottom part off of the fender use a flat screwdriver and pry the back of the clip off of the fender. If you look in the hole where the corner light goes you can see the back of the clip. Look at this picture to get an idea of what the clip is connected to

<img src="http://performanceix.com/howto/images/10/35.jpg">

you can pop the clip out from the back side by prying it.

Tim
When I did mine, I did remove the bottom trim but the angle of the screw between the light and the bumper was too much. Is the clip on bottom trim what you were referring to? Keep in mind, I did not completely remove the bumper, i just loosed the left side and slide it toward me a little.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top