BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
to sponsor your car?
well you have to basically get alotta attention before hand as in winning many competitions already before you get sponsored. and attend all shows. and so on. people your sponsor your car in your sig and HOPE you get publicity. they sponsor people who is already publicitised(made up word but it makes sense).

EX: you drift and you win many competition. then people from dunlop will sponsor you with a big dunlop sticker on your windshield. atleast you get free tires

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,756 Posts
Get your car in magazines and huge shows... not just HIN... but like, SEMA.

in order to do either of those, you have to have plans to build a killer car... with a LOT of money invested. So... in short, there's no way unless you have the money to put your car in the spotlight... or you order a lot from one company. If you are looking to spend into the 5 figure range, we will probably be able to offer some form of discount/sponsorship arrangement!

JL

·
Registered
407 Posts
you approach manufactures not retail shops. you give your purposal, as well as picks of the car. you tell them your plan and what your goal is. at that point they will decide weather if you are good enough for their product. which in return you will have to sign contracts and agree to certain things and be at certain shows that they want you to be at. from experience do not e-mail conatct the director of marketing by phone then he or she will tell you to e-mail whatever. i suggest you start with companies that dont have that much publicity. for ex dont call brembo and say you want to get sponsered and you want 8 piston bbk in red they'll just hang up on you.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sponsorship is very situational, but one thing that remains clear is that its about what you offer to the company in return for them to sponsor you. There are so many various reasons, like car testing, to member influence, creativity, competition both show and race, who you know, etc. Not just one thing, find your path into it an good luck on getting sponsored. :)

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Sponsorships are just exaclty like business proposals. If you need some help on how to get started with some companies let me know. I use to be just like you, looking for ways to get sponsored. I think I can drop you some knowledge as I was the 2004 Eurotuner featured BMW with several sponsors before I went into the business side of the house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts