BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive cracked the outter rim of my schnitzer type II 3 piece wheel. Anyone know if its possible to just unbolt it from the center piece and get it replaced somewhere?
any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHERE can I get is replaced?!?

Ive called around a few places in CA and no one seems to stock just outter rims/lips
anyone know of any place/person that might be able to replace the outter lip/rim for me?
thanks!

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
Try ACS dealers. CEC maybe...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CEC didnt know when i called before

they said they only get full wheels from germany and dont stock just rim halves and stuff. maybe I'll try calling again, I guess no one ever tries to fix their busted 3 piece wheels or something?

·
Registered
668 Posts
no, CEC should be wrong, one of the reasons they make 3 piece wheels is to be repairable... try and contact ACS direct by e-mail or phone... if it turns out that they can fix it, that would be a heap of money saved...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Clem said:
You'd probably have to send it back to Germany for repairs
yup, and the cost of that would be higher than a new wheel...thats why they don't stock parts...only the mfg can take it apart for "liability" reasons.

more than likely it's cheaper to replace

·
Alpha Male
7,152 Posts
lee2375 said:

yup, and the cost of that would be higher than a new wheel...thats why they don't stock parts...only the mfg can take it apart for "liability" reasons.

more than likely it's cheaper to replace
I was gonna say that but I was too lazy to type :tongue:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DAMN =(

well thanks for the replies guys!
i havent been to Germany in 5 years, maybe its time for another vacation!

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
I'm in St. Louis and we have a local wheel repair shop that can fix just about any kind of damage. Can you post a pic of the damaged wheel?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont have a pic handy

the damage is unrepairable, a fairly sizable chunk of the outter rim is cracked all the way through on the inside. Welding it back together isnt really an option. The only thing I would be interested in doing for it is replacing the whole outter rim halve, which it sounds like I can only do in Germany =(

thanks for the offer though!

·
Registered
855 Posts
If a big pothole caused this crack on your rim...you can always ask the city(city hall) or the town to pay you for the damages.

This happen to me w/ my 1st ridemore than once(3 times)...I had some 17" BBS RXs on my 190e like 4-5 years ago....all 3 times they payed me back....all you have to do is take a picture of the pothole make sure is dated and take a picture of your rim and then write them a letter saying the 411.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats a great idea!

haha I never thought of that before! I dont know the exact pothole pothole that caused the crack, I drive in San Francisco, and they're all over the place!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts