BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not tyres :D but the rubber trims on your car. In particular the rubber trim that surrounds the windshield and the the side windows.

What chemicals do people use to keep this stuff from cracking/breaking up. I've noticed mine has started to crack in some places at the top of my windscreen and also its slit a little at the bottom of the passengers side window.

Any ideas ????

·
Registered
684 Posts
Best product I can suggest is 303 Aerospace Protectant. It will get absorbed by the rubber seals and nourish them, also providing them with UV protection making them last a lot longer. Best part is it works great on your dash, console and other areas of the car, and doubles up as a great Engine Dressing or Tire Dressing if you like the semi-gloss / matte look.

Hope this helps,

George @ DI

·
Registered
22 Posts
"How Best To Care For Your Rubber??" When you have finished doing"your business" just throw it away. They are not reusable.:thumbup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Dealer uses "Gummipflege". :thumbup:

You can buy it at the dealership.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
I have heard that they are no longer selling Gummipflege, but are not sure if it is true. It is supposed to be used on door seals, but I guess it would work on trim as well.

On exterior trim, I normally use the same stuff I put on the tires (Zaino Z-16), it has UV protection and does not attract dust as much as other products.

Can't go wrong with 303 protectant either.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gerakos1 said:
"How Best To Care For Your Rubber??" When you have finished doing"your business" just throw it away. They are not reusable.:thumbup:
Very clever :clap: :lmao:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Detailed Image said:
Best product I can suggest is 303 Aerospace Protectant. It will get absorbed by the rubber seals and nourish them, also providing them with UV protection making them last a lot longer. Best part is it works great on your dash, console and other areas of the car, and doubles up as a great Engine Dressing or Tire Dressing if you like the semi-gloss / matte look.

Hope this helps,

George @ DI
Looks like a great product. Know anywhere that'll ship it over the water though. That company doesn't appear to do it :bawling:

·
Registered
684 Posts
For your future needs, our current site is not setup for international orders, but we do ship international. Our new site due to launch in a month or so will be setup to fullfill international orders. Just PM me if you need any help with anything as of now.

You'll like the 303 line though!

Sincerely,

George @ DI

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Detailed Image said:
For your future needs, our current site is not setup for international orders, but we do ship international. Our new site due to launch in a month or so will be setup to fullfill international orders. Just PM me if you need any help with anything as of now.

You'll like the 303 line though!

Sincerely,

George @ DI
Thanks for the reply. I look foreward to seeing your new site. :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts