E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How’s it going everyone, i live In Renton, WA.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I just got my first BMW ever and I’m thankful it’s an E46. Just looking through all the forums and seeing all the info and community behind it I’m lucky there’s so many knowledgeable people on here. I got a 2000 E46 328i. It’s in great condition but It’s got some kinks and I don’t know much about BMWs. Anyway if anyone can tell me why I got a headlight fault in my dash but my headlights are working I’d much appreciate it.

· Registered
2000 328i
54 Posts
nice car, I also have a 2000 328i quite a nice car

you might have leds on your headlights and the computer is expecting halogens, since the load is diferent the computer thinks they are blown. You can code the headlight fault off, or I think there are some resistors to foul the computer.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice car, I also have a 2000 328i quite a nice car

you might have leds on your headlights and the computer is expecting halogens, since the load is diferent the computer thinks they are blown. You can code the headlight fault off, or I think there are some resistors to foul the computer.
Hey thanks yeah nicest used car I ever bought. My headlights are halogen but my assembly’s say Xenon 12w. And I don’t have any equipment or knowledge of programming. Any other thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts