BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a meet on 2/11/07 @ 4pm. we're meeting at Kaleidoscoops Coffee and Ice Cream- 1408 Eldridge Parkway, Houston, TX 77077

hope to see you there :D

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
I would love to attend but my ride will be in the shop 2morrow :(

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool tell your friends :shhh: we want a big turnout lol

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
Hey whats up guys, i used to have this e46, use the right battery or this could happen. I hope yall make it out.
Hyper black wheels :drool:

say could I have your driver door. I kind of need one since someone backed into me :tsk:

·
• DFW •
2,740 Posts
Patel, could you expound on your comment? What type of battery did you have in there? :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is what happened. I went out the night before and I left the interior lights on. The battery died and I had to jump it Sunday morning. I went to eat and when I get back to the car it would not turn over. It was Sunday and the only place close to me was a SAM's behind the place I was eating. I walked over to the Battery Dept. and the guy there told me that I needed a certain battery and they had it. I bought it and installed it. The car drove fine for a while but I had to jump it twice in a month. One night we were going out, and the girls in the back said they smell candles burning, me thinking yall are f-ed up, and told them they were crazy. I exit and come to a light and see smoke in my passangetr side mirror. I get out look around and see nothing, i check the parking break to see if it was engaged and nothing. As my friend was getting out of the back seat I see smoke coming in through the c pillar light and hurry to the trunk. I open it and the battery is on fire, and the nylon carpeting was lit. Opening the trunk let all the extra oxygen in to fuel the fire, and it got big fast. I tried to smother it but it was outta control already. I called 911 and as i did this the car explodes, not a huge big fire ball as i was expecting from the movies. Long story short, the insurance hadnt seen many late model bimmers catch on fire and thought it was me. They hired a forensic expert and he told them it was the battery. He told me that the wrond amp battery was used. Insurance contacts me and ask if i wanted to go after sam's for the battery but i would only get my deductabvle back and that was 250, so i said hell with it. Also some batteries are vented as i found out in my 540i, so make sure the battery meets the specs.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
This is what happened. I went out the night before and I left the interior lights on. The battery died and I had to jump it Sunday morning. I went to eat and when I get back to the car it would not turn over. It was Sunday and the only place close to me was a SAM's behind the place I was eating. I walked over to the Battery Dept. and the guy there told me that I needed a certain battery and they had it. I bought it and installed it. The car drove fine for a while but I had to jump it twice in a month. One night we were going out, and the girls in the back said they smell candles burning, me thinking yall are f-ed up, and told them they were crazy. I exit and come to a light and see smoke in my passangetr side mirror. I get out look around and see nothing, i check the parking break to see if it was engaged and nothing. As my friend was getting out of the back seat I see smoke coming in through the c pillar light and hurry to the trunk. I open it and the battery is on fire, and the nylon carpeting was lit. Opening the trunk let all the extra oxygen in to fuel the fire, and it got big fast. I tried to smother it but it was outta control already. I called 911 and as i did this the car explodes, not a huge big fire ball as i was expecting from the movies. Long story short, the insurance hadnt seen many late model bimmers catch on fire and thought it was me. They hired a forensic expert and he told them it was the battery. He told me that the wrond amp battery was used. Insurance contacts me and ask if i wanted to go after sam's for the battery but i would only get my deductabvle back and that was 250, so i said hell with it. Also some batteries are vented as i found out in my 540i, so make sure the battery meets the specs.
So I take it I can't have the door :(

·
• DFW •
2,740 Posts
Gosh Damn!!! Crazy way to end the cars life. What were the specs on the battery so we know!

Hope you get a nice replacement!

·
ModZombie Moderator
25,575 Posts

Dharmesh, that sucks. But this is a lesson to everyone to use an OEM Battery.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts