E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey everyone. I’m quite new to cars and i decided to buy this 2002 E46 330i. I checked underneath my car today after going down a driveway way too fast.. and found this hose just hanging there. Any clues on what this is and how i would fix this if it’s broken?

·
Super Moderator
2004 325i automagic
3,861 Posts
+1 ^

High pressure power steering hose ... there is a metal bracket on the right side of the steering rack (left side of picture) with a broken rubber bushing from which the metal u shaped end of the hose was originally attached to ... use a zip tie there to hold the hose up.

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,387 Posts
Perfectly normal when the rubber mount breaks. Not available separately, however I and many others have posted substitutes.
Yet another reason to have the undertray.

·
Super Moderator
2004 325i automagic
3,861 Posts
Other than tham the rack, the second most expensive P/S part.
Vat aboot ze pump? That might be a number 2.

That hp hose is relatively pricey though ... $100+ for Rein as an oe option online, probably at least double for genuine bmw.

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
8,052 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
8,052 Posts
previous owner never changed any seals or gaskets so that’s the first thing i did lol. not sure how i’m gonna clean all of this oil off though
I use brake cleaner for nasty deposits and Simple Green extreme aircraft cleaner for general. Don't use the green version of Simple Green on aluminum.

Also agree on scrubbing bubbles.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.