BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I've got some pics for you to make you think twice about drinking and driving.

My dad sent these to me. The black S-10 is his good friend's daughter's truck, and the Silver BMW 5 Series is the guy who hit her. He was intoxicated and behind the wheel, traveling at over 100 mph down the highway. He struck the median and flew side first through the air right into the black S-10's windshield. He unfortunately died in the accident, and luckily, the innocent woman (my dad's friend's daughter) survived the crash, although she now needs excessive plastic surgery.

Just thought I'd share them with you... remember guys, it's ok to drink, but just stay off the road when you plan to do so.:sad:

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doughsun- No the people aren't ok... the BMW driver died in the accident, and the girl needs plastic surgery. At least she lived but still...

BMWERKEN- How is it weird that the BMW driver did not survive? Do you think you could survive traveling at over 100 mph through the air hitting a truck which is moving in the opposite direction at nearly 70 and survive? 100+70=170... imagine hitting a brick wall at 170 mph and expect to survive.

Note: I also believe that the BMW driver was not wearing his seatbelt.:tsk:

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,047 Posts
So what does she need plastic surgery for? Hope she's ok. I am also somewhat surprised that he died from the accident. Here are my reasons:

In most drunk-driving accidents, the drunk driver doesn't get killed.

The crash occurred on the passenger side.

Although BMWs aren't completely safe, they have a pretty good safety rating.

However, if he really wasn't wearing his seatbelt I'm not surprised. People are so stupid..

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah usually the drunk driver doesn't get killed cuz they are in a relaxed limp state which allows their body to absorb the impact. I think this wreck was probably even more worse than it looked... getting hit from the side will cause your whole body to collide with the door, and your seatbelt (although he wasn't wearing one) doesn't really help quite as much as it would've in a front/rear end collision.

She needs plastic surgery to reconstruct her face as it was broken and severely deformed from the accident.

I'm really surprised that many of you are shocked that he died from this accident. I've seen many accidents and that one looks pretty bad to me... I would've been surprised if he LIVED through that, but it really isn't a shock to find out he didn't survive something as horrendous as that. I mean the whole side of the car is nearly pushed into the center of the cabin. Not to mention the kind of impact needed to result in damage like that... because he hit the S-10's windshield and flew over it. It wasn't like he got side swiped by a truck.

All I'm trying to say is I don't think it's surprising that he didn't make it through that accident... but oh well. :dunno: Darwin's theory I guess... God rest his soul.

·
Registered
348 Posts
freaking drunk drives, hope everything works out for her. I hear plastic surgery is a pain.

·
Registered
732 Posts
man that is sad to hear.....ugh, I hope the girl is ok, and can get her life back together....as for the the drunk driver, I guess he learned his lesson....honestly, If i find ne of you guys(on this forum) driving drunk...im gonna fly over and beat the living **** outa you....seriously, drive safe, and dont drink and drive....EVER! the .04 alcohol level is Bull****!, dont even drive then I say!

·
JDM - Style
4,163 Posts
He probably died breaking his neck from the side impact. I know one of my friends broke his neck and died in a very similar accident. RIP to the guy and get well soon to the girl.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,704 Posts
Couple of things.
First off, it's not a matter of 100+70. Physics are wierd like that. For example, the impact of a 60mph crash is not 2x a 30mph crash, but 4x. Hitting a moving object towards you is somehow less than a stationary object. But either way that was a BAD accident, My best wishes go out to the girl and her family.

Sorry, I have no sympathy for drunk drivers. Everyone makes mistakes, but you know what? Make a mistake that isn't going to ruin someone elses life, ESPECIALLY when the whole world will tell you not to drink and drive. There are tens of other ways to get home. It's one thing to accidentally pour water in a grease fire and burn down your appartment complex because you are an amateur in the kitchen (example, bare with me) but you know, drunk driving is just sheer irresponsibility. My sympathy to the deceased and his family, but really, use your heads out there people. Stay safe.

JL

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,186 Posts
ininfinitum said:

The crash occurred on the passenger side.

Although BMWs aren't completely safe, they have a pretty good safety rating.

actually if u think about it, thats the most dangerous place for impact because thats where the seatbelt is the most ineffective because all you have holding you in that kin of accident is the part right by the buckle, you can slip right out and judging from how far the car was smashed in, he was probably close enough to hit his hed on the passenger side of the car, most likely killing him on the spot.

RIP to him although it was his negligence. I hope the girl makes it out ok and isnt too badly scarred from such a stupid thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts