BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i've searched and read every thread but i havent seen anyone with a cassete player in front and a cd changer in the back. What is the cheapest way possible to get it to work in my car?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and i dont mind giving up my caseete player since its 80s and it sucks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in this too. I wonder if you can replace it with a new factory headunit that has an aux input?

·
Registered
831 Posts
No need to get rid of anything. If you have the factory cd changer, all you need to do is slice open the cd changer wire, and in it you will find the left and right audio wires. You can interrupt these with a relay, and connect you external source to it. At the flip of a switch, you go between cd-changer audio, and your external source.

·
Banned
166 Posts
No need to get rid of anything. If you have the factory cd changer, all you need to do is slice open the cd changer wire, and in it you will find the left and right audio wires. You can interrupt these with a relay, and connect you external source to it. At the flip of a switch, you go between cd-changer audio, and your external source.
would you mind going into detail.. Sounds like what the soundgate aux does but with a much cheaper price tag.

which wire, what kind of relay, etc.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
171 Posts
my dad uses his mini disc player in his Mini Cooper S. he just uses the car ready system. the tape thing. should work. works just fine and sounds nice with the Harmann Kardon system the Mini has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts