BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what hood pins should i get?
lots out there, just odnt know which ones to go with...
-ALex

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what?

ur kidding?
ive had almost everyone on this board tell me i need pins/...esp if i go fast...

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,881 Posts
Re: what?

Lexie330ci said:
ur kidding?
ive had almost everyone on this board tell me i need pins/...esp if i go fast...
We personally have done 4 of our own cars in the last 3 months with em, 2 are daily drivers that travel the Parkway daily at speeds in excess of 75mph on their commutes. If the hood is a quality piece that uses factory mounting locations i see no need for unsightly hood pins... :sad:

·
3,881 Posts
All 4 hoods we used are made by VIS.... i have yet to find new hood struts that are rated properly for the CF hood unfortunately. Simply mount to all existing points and use the factory hardware and you shouldn't have any issues.

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet

thanks man, any problems with alignment or anything? did the windshield washer thingys go in fine?
-aLEx

·
3,881 Posts
Re: sweet

Lexie330ci said:
thanks man, any problems with alignment or anything? did the windshield washer thingys go in fine?
-aLEx
Allignment took a few attempts and everything else went in fine. Good luck and if you feel safer with hood pins by all means get em but personally i'd chuck the hood if i had to use pins...lol. But thats just me!! :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts