E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving this after noon on I-10 when I saw a car with very purplish xenons coming up from the rear. So I figured it was just a benz or somethin, cause i see them all the time. As it got closer I looked in the rear view mirror and saw some halo rings around the lights and I instantly new that is was a new 745;).

As the car was passing by at oh say at 90mph (cause i was going 87 and there wasn't any traffic), I noticed that the body style was sort of bigger and then I saw the V12 on the side:bow:. The car was black with with 20 inch chrome wheels that had somewhat of a deep dish in the rear. One odd thing was that I could see two televisions in the rear headrest:yikes:. They were so big that I new they were watching the Simpsons on it.

When it finally past by, I saw the 760Li badge on the rear. What a rare and exciting encounter:thumbup: I thought they weren't suppose to come out until April or something and I heard the price tag well equipped is somewhere around $140,000:eek:mg:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I saw one a few months ago in Marina del Rey...probably road testing. It was :pimpin:

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
wow soccer mom brining her kids home.

·
Core Fanatic
1,112 Posts
Congradulations man!!!!!

You saw a new 7 series without throwing up. THat is ann ugly crap box. If the new 3 series due in 2006 is designed by that Chris Bangle fu**, I will be buying something besides a BMW because, no matter how good it srives, I am not buying an ugly ass car.

·
ti-m-e
1,837 Posts
can anyone say engine transplant...can't say no to 400+ hp!!
"sigh" only wish it would fit an e46, not to mention the $$$

·
Registered
874 Posts
You saw a new 7 series without throwing up. THat is ann ugly crap box. If the new 3 series due in 2006 is designed by that Chris Bangle fu**, I will be buying something besides a BMW because, no matter how good it srives, I am not buying an ugly ass car.
:werd: especially considering the objects of beauty coming from the other German marques.

I don't think the 7 is ugly per se...but IMHO is not nearly as elegent looking as an S class...or as athletic looking as the upcoming A8. Was the interior mistakenly styled at the Buick studio?

·
Registered
215 Posts
does anyone have a pic of it??? ive never seen it.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I agree the interior looks strikingly american(sh1tty) but I definitely like the exterior now. I don't like it yet as much as I liked the E38 when it was going strong. I'd definitely get a black 745Li with chrome 19s over an 03 S500 with the SP. The bmw is so much sportier and less played out than the S.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I thought Hartge WAS working on a V12 3 series! If AMG can stuff a V12 in the C hatch...then a V12 in the E46 should be cake!

id rather have an S600
Amen...or an S55 AMG

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
JFawwaz said:
damnit....i was looking at the stats...the 760Li pales in comparison due to a few key elements. I was thinkin oh 493 bhp for a V12 TT in the merc? I thought, pathetic, and was thinking that the 760Li was close enough in power and was NA. but then I saw the 0-60 times and the torque difference. Geez, BMW needs to do some sort of engine that is force fed.

·
Registered
874 Posts
yea.. well over 600+ lb-ft of torque in an S62... 760? What 760? OH that tiny dot in my rear view mirror is a 760? I thought that Buick looked funny with the roundel on the hood.

·
Registered
593 Posts
TheDream21479 said:
yea.. well over 600+ lb-ft of torque in an S62... 760? What 760? OH that tiny dot in my rear view mirror is a 760? I thought that Buick looked funny with the roundel on the hood.
how about a CL65?

CL 65 AMG: 1000 Newton metres of torque already available at 2000 rpm

Mercedes-AMG is the creator of yet another automotive masterpiece which celebrates its world premiere in Geneva. The new CL 65 AMG continues the successful twelve-cylinder tradition of Mercedes-AMG with an up-to-date V12 power unit which exhibits stunning performance characteristics. Thanks to twin turbocharging this engine develops 450 kW/612 hp and makes a remarkable 1000 Newton metres of torque available from 2000 rpm. This makes the CL 65 AMG the most powerful AMG model to date.

Thanks to this muscular AMG 12-cylinder powerpack the Coupé matches the performance of thoroughbred sports cars: from standstill the CL 65 AMG accelerates to 100 km/h in only 4.5 seconds (provisional figure). Its maximum speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h.

The new AMG engine is based on the 12-cylinder unit of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class. In addition to an increase in displacement from 5513 to 5980 cubic centimetres, numerous other modifications are responsible for the output and torque increase in the new CL 65 AMG. For example the AMG engineers have increased ther cylinder bore from 82 to 82.6 millimetres, lengthened the stroke of the crankshaft by six millimetres to 93 millimetres and increased the charge pressure of the turbochargers to a maximum of 1.5 bar. In addition they have used forged pistons, main and big-end bearings made from extremely high temperature and pressure-resistant materials and enlarged the apertures in the injection nozzles to achieve a higher fuel flow. Power is transferred by a five-speed automatic transmission with the SPEEDSHIFT function and steering-wheel gearshift. The exceptional torque of the V12 is always safely under control, thanks to modifications to various transmission components, the rear axle differential, the drive shafts and the wheel carriers.

Like all models in the CL-Class the new CL 65 AMG is fitted as standard with the Active Body Control (ABC) suspension system, whose spring struts have been configured for greater stiffness in the high-performance Coupé.

SIT DOWN BMW M.

·
Registered
382 Posts
wow you guys who think the 7 series is ugly are smoking some rocks or something...its a beautiful car from all aspects...couldn't buy a better looking car. everyone has them where i live so i don't think i would ever buy one for that reason, but man the 760's are soooooo f*cking phat its out of control.

·
yuppie racing
1,831 Posts
wow!! old thread coming back, TheDream21479 doesnt even post here anymore, since he said that he had a Z8 and it was proven that he didnt.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts