E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber
So I hit a curb pretty hard while turning like an idiot. I need help with listing everything I’m gonna need to fix this. Thank you everyone :/ if more pictures are needed I’ll post them.

· Registered
14 Posts
well that sucks. Starting from the top... i'd get
-Strut bearing
-strut (use old springs)
-spindle w/ bearing
-front control arm w/ ball joints
-FCAB
-sway bar??
-sway bar end links
-inner and outer tie rods
-you may need a steering rack
-you may need a new wheel if its bent
-you may have bent frame

all of the above is fairly subjective, and maybe some of those components are fine upon inspection

· Registered
2005 325xi T
234 Posts
even if your sway bar looks okay, i'd change it. most likely twisted. check your brake lines and fittings for leaks, and good time to upgrade those. cheer up, and don't beat yourself about about what happened.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's a ride height sensor linkage-- might have broken the sensor lever as well.
what are you thinking you're going to do with this list? replace it all yourself?
I have no choice. My starter failed and I changed it. I had to remove the intake manifold and with videos I managed. I just have to. I have no choice.

· Premium Member
330ci - 5 Speed - 3.0l M54 MS43.1 - 230k Miles - 03/2001
281 Posts
At least that sway bar held on, all kidding aside it doesn't look all to bad. Check the top of the shock mount under the hood, make sure it doesn't look deformed. Check the mounting point of the control arm where it mounts to the subframe for any cracking or tearing. Also check where the subframe meets the chassis for cracks. If those few areas look even and whole than you may have gotten very lucky.

Once the repairs are made absolutely see an indy BMW shop for an alignment. If you check the link in my signature, there is a plethora of guides and DIY write ups that may help you with the repairs. Good luck!

· Registered
2003 M3 cabrio
1,019 Posts
View attachment 962241 So I hit a curb pretty hard while turning like an idiot. I need help with listing everything I’m gonna need to fix this. Thank you everyone :/ if more pictures are needed I’ll post them.
It's likely covered under collision damage. Lotsa bux and time to fix yourself plus perhaps some frame/body straightening. Have it done professionally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts