BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally hit 1200 miles today!!! gonna send the car in tomorrow or tues. can i turn the sport mode on now?

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
Let'er RIP!!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
polorl57 said:
finally hit 1200 miles today!!! gonna send the car in tomorrow or tues. can i turn the sport mode on now?
What do you mean? You're gonna do an oil change...
Anyways, I have a long way to go. About 1000 miles to go.

I just can't wait. First it was the wait for the delivery and now, the wait to drive hard... :D

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
i couldnt wait to get out of breakin when i got my car! but from the moment i hit 1200 miles i feel bad every time i put a mile on my car! i dunno bout u guys, it sucks knowing that ur getting closer and closer to the end! hehe, i am probly just crazy, bought the car to drive it, so thats what i'll do!

-brendan

·
Registered
956 Posts
actually u should think twice about flooring it right at 1200... it's not like 1200 is a magical number that determines when u can and can't floor it. if u read the little stick on the top of left of ur windshield, u'll notice it says you can GRADUALLY increase the revs... until 3100. so basically don't floor it until 3100 miles. just some advice, but it's up to you :)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
simsima325 said:
i couldnt wait to get out of breakin when i got my car! but from the moment i hit 1200 miles i feel bad every time i put a mile on my car! i dunno bout u guys, it sucks knowing that ur getting closer and closer to the end! hehe, i am probly just crazy, bought the car to drive it, so thats what i'll do!

-brendan

i know what u mean.. i dont think im gonna drive for a while now... i guess its time to take the beater out again

my last car (the beater now) i put 21000 miles in a yr..i felt soo bad

·
Registered
822 Posts
Getting Close...

k NOW I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE BEAST IS ALMOST BROKEN IN... sHE NOW HAS 1072 MILES THANKS:thumbup: :thumbup: WHAT DO MY FELLOW 03 M3s AND E46ERS HAVE ON YOUR CARS??:yikes: :yikes: iM LOVING THIS THING... WHAT A SEXY BEAST...:thumbup:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Re: Getting Close...

BmWm3PoWer03 said:
k NOW I WOULD JUST LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE BEAST IS ALMOST BROKEN IN... sHE NOW HAS 1072 MILES THANKS:thumbup: :thumbup: WHAT DO MY FELLOW 03 M3s AND E46ERS HAVE ON YOUR CARS??:yikes: :yikes: iM LOVING THIS THING... WHAT A SEXY BEAST...:thumbup:
MY car only has 14,500 miles on it...as u can tell I hardly get out:D This is probably because of all the modding I do to my car:thumbup:

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
Re: Re: Getting Close...

sanman10535 said:

MY car only has 14,500 miles on it...as u can tell I hardly get out:D This is probably because of all the modding I do to my car:thumbup:
I am worse than you, i have 5500miles after a year with the car...:yikes: :eeps: :eeps:

·
Registered
363 Posts
you guys are all trippin ive had my car for like what around 9 to 10months and i already have like 9,5000miles on it i need to take it in for that 10,000mile service soon. I drive around hella cuz there aint **** to do in bellevue, wa!:lmao:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how do u guys not drive soo much?? im guessin my everday drivin with college and errands and work is atleast like 30-40 miles a day

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
Re: Getting Close...

BmWm3PoWer03 said:
Yo Tommy,

1129 miles here :tongue: (drove around all day Sunday, 200+ miles)!! Already scheduled my 1200 mile service for Friday. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was told that you shouldn't baby your M for those first 3K miles or so. Yeah you should be cool, (like under 5500 rpm) for the first 1200 miles, but I took it up to like 6200 from 1200-3000 miles because the DME will program its fuel curve based on how it learns from your driving. So if you baby it all the time, It might not be as responsive as someone who got into it every now and then:dunno: I have 3K miles on my car and ripped into her a few times just cause I couldn't wait, but never taken her to readline yet to this day, nor missed any shifts.:thumbup: But enjoy, and drive it like you mean it....thats why you spent the extra $$

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
What are you waiting for???

Stop posting, go to your dealer, changer your oil and go zoom zoom!!! This is were the fun begins!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Re: Re: Getting Close...

Impulss said:

Yo Tommy,

1129 miles here :tongue: (drove around all day Sunday, 200+ miles)!! Already scheduled my 1200 mile service for Friday. :D
pete you beat me out you sick fawk.. lol:thumbup: :thumbup: im still waiting to break 1100

·
933 Posts
Just want to double check, the 1200 mile service does NOT include an engine oil change. Correct? This is what's in my service manual and is what my service advisor said. If so, should I pay for an early oil change? Or should I wait til... when? 5000?

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
mattman said:
Just want to double check, the 1200 mile service does NOT include an engine oil change. Correct? This is what's in my service manual and is what my service advisor said. If so, should I pay for an early oil change? Or should I wait til... when? 5000?
When I took my car in to get my tire fixed, that question came up. The tech said that for the 2003 models, they are including an oil change with the 1200 mile service.

Now, I did not talk to the service manager about this, I'm actually trying to reach him on the phone.... I'll find out!! Cuz i definitely want an oil change with my 1200 mile service.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts