E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

what is the highest possible sidewall that i can get for a 325ci with sport pkg oem rims? 225/50? 225/55? is it wishful thinking to get 225/65?

thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hrm, sorry i dont know the exact sizes, but its strictly OEM sports package wheels, 17 inch, exactly as the ones pictured here

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=830379

seriously, exactly.

the reason? i live in a sh_t city, i have 2 tires that are bulging out as if they are in need of a diet due to the insane amounts of potholes anywhere you go. rather than getting some nice tires to have the same crap again in a year, i just want to minimize the pothole damages in the future by getting the cheapest, finest, highest sidewall tires.

side rant: i lived in socal for 3 yrs and had abs no issues with tires except driving on them wearing them down, and i am barely back in the east coast 2 years and already had flats, random deflations, now bulges, gosh i wish i can go back to socal

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
you can run a 225/55 for sure.

you could also get even thicker and fit with a 215/60 or a 205/65/17

not sure if these tire sizes are common but its probably designed to be a light truck tire.

that being siad i have no clue how its going to handle.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can run a 225/55 for sure.

you could also get even thicker and fit with a 215/60 or a 205/65/17

not sure if these tire sizes are common but its probably designed to be a light truck tire.

that being siad i have no clue how its going to handle.

thanks, i dont drive aggressively but i also dont want to crash if it handles poorly...so 225/55 is prob a good bet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts