BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing the halos last night when i ran into some darkness so i stopped a bit early. I have the rings in the lamps and the lamps back in the car. So when i left and check the lights, my high beams didnt work. My xenon works but not the halogen highs. ???? When i first tested them, i was told that they flashed real quick then went out.

This happen to anyone or anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Where did you buy them from.....no disrespect but contact them first before posting misc sh1t on the boards....they have the expertise not 250 guys playing hookey from work....trust the guys that sold it to you....there are alot of knowledgeable and not so knowledgeable people on this board, if your supplier can't help then post and I am sure other fanatics will step up and help you out.

Best regards,
Omes

·
devGOD
2,557 Posts
omes said:
Where did you buy them from.....no disrespect but contact them first before posting misc sh1t on the boards....they have the expertise not 250 guys playing hookey from work....trust the guys that sold it to you....there are alot of knowledgeable and not so knowledgeable people on this board, if your supplier can't help then post and I am sure other fanatics will step up and help you out.

Best regards,
Omes
:werd:

how come you're not WORKING omes???? get back to work.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
devGOD said:
:werd:

how come you're not WORKING omes???? get back to work.
Day off waiting to go pick up my focking car from the mechanic and take to another mechanic.....for my exhaust work.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
DDEs aren't worth the hassle, nor the money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont really think it is a problem with the halos, because they arent even plugged in yet, they are in the housing but not plugged in. I dont think the supplier is at fault, i am. I checked the harnesses and they are hooked up fine. Is there a fuse for the high beams that could have busted??? because i couldnt find one in the fuse box in the glove compartment?? It doesnt look like the lights are burnt out, cause they usually leave black marks on the glass.

Another question: If one light was burnt out, would both still not work or would just the busted light not work.

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
GordonMurray said:
DDEs aren't worth the hassle, nor the money.
words of wisdom from the resident curmudgeon :rolleyes:

Listen, the halos are awesome, anyone that sees them in real life agrees (with the exception of a few that are just bitter they didn't come up with the idea).

Your high beams aren't working? Did you take the headlights out of the car? Did you turn your key to position 2?

Have you looked at the actual bulb? the burn mark doesnt' have to be there, if you broke the bulb, the filament is broken.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
omes said:

Best regards,
Omes

Geez and I thought I was the only one to make an intelligent contribution to this thread... :lmao:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
umnitza said:
words of wisdom from the resident curmudgeon :rolleyes:

Listen, the halos are awesome, anyone that sees them in real life agrees (with the exception of a few that are just bitter they didn't come up with the idea).

Your high beams aren't working? Did you take the headlights out of the car? Did you turn your key to position 2?

Have you looked at the actual bulb? the burn mark doesnt' have to be there, if you broke the bulb, the filament is broken.

Thanks for the helpful response. When I was installing, I took the drivers side head light out because I couldn’t figure out how to route the wires. But I didn’t take out the passenger side one. Today I checked both bulbs and they looked fine, everything intact. When I tested the lights the day it happened, I had the car running.

Could it be a fuse or do light bulbs not have fuses since the bulb acts like a fuse??
If this fails I think I’m going to uninstall the halos and take to dealer, because I’m sure halos will void the warrantee.

Thanks again for any useful input.

Matt

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can't tell you for sure right now (my car is in the body shop) but there might be an additional fuse box under the hood. I know my bro had to swap out some fuses when he retrofited his e36 with xenons.

Wilson

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
mattgota330Ci said:
Thanks for the helpful response. When I was installing, I took the drivers side head light out because I couldn’t figure out how to route the wires. But I didn’t take out the passenger side one. Today I checked both bulbs and they looked fine, everything intact. When I tested the lights the day it happened, I had the car running.

Could it be a fuse or do light bulbs not have fuses since the bulb acts like a fuse??
If this fails I think I’m going to uninstall the halos and take to dealer, because I’m sure halos will void the warrantee.

Thanks again for any useful input.

Matt
The BEST response to that is to MAKE sure your black connection is connected ALL the way into the bulb backing:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts