E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so, ive been looking for a d700, and unfortunately, somehow, earthquakes in japan have managed to drive op the price on Nikon gear. I found one for a pretty sweet price, but the catch is that its got 100,000 clicks on it. The shutter is only rated for 150,000 and i really plan on this being the last body for me. What do you guys think? anyone ever had, or know of someone having a Nikon crap out on them w/ too many miles on it?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I would not take it unless you get it for under 1000$

I recently ordered a refurb piece from Adorama for around $2200 and when I finally got it, found that it had 18,500 clicks on it. I had to return it back with all those clicks for that price.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I would not take it unless you get it for under 1000$

I recently ordered a refurb piece from Adorama for around $2200 and when I finally got it, found that it had 18,500 clicks on it. I had to return it back with all those clicks for that price.
good call man. my d700 was a refurb from B&H and i paid the same price as you did but it only had 700 shots on it...

·
Registered
274 Posts
You guys are worried too much about the shutter count. I've seen Canon 1-series shutters last for 600,000+ actuations, and others crap out after 4,000. On the 1-series, it's a $250-300 repair, so not a big deal. If the camera is in great condition otherwise, I would certainly buy it.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, i've heard its like 300 to replace the shutter. the guy wants to sell it to me for 1800. its a sweet price, but i think i'll just bite the bullet and spend 2 grand on one with less than 20,000 in it. I have never bought a used camera b4 but i can't afford this one new, and i really don't want sloppy seconds.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
yeah, i've heard its like 300 to replace the shutter. the guy wants to sell it to me for 1800. its a sweet price, but i think i'll just bite the bullet and spend 2 grand on one with less than 20,000 in it. I have never bought a used camera b4 but i can't afford this one new, and i really don't want sloppy seconds.
$200 dollars for 100K+ less clicks is WELL worth it imho...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts