BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
FCP? Do you mean VDO?

These are a reach, but the new CCV has the rubber cap on the exposed outlet, and you replaced/checked the vacuum line to the fuel filter from the intake boot?

Have you updated the ECM to the latest firmware? That was the final step on my journey. And have you thoroughly inspected the harness and the connectors at the ECM for oil intrusion?

It does take about three days of driving to fully reset adaptations

Yes VDO from FCP.

When I replaced the CCV I remember the vacuum cap slipped on and off very easily. Should I just put some RTV on it and replace the cap?

Vacuum line: I just received a new fuel filter so I’ll be replacing that soon. I will inspect and/or replace the vacuum line. Also I have had slight fuel leaks from the clamps in the past. But I was able to tighten them to where the leaking stopped. I will be putting on the correct sized clamps this time around.

I did have the cover off the electronics box in the engine bay recently. I didn’t see any oil in those areas. I will keep an eye on the harnesses for sure.

I haven’t updated yet but it’s on my list! I’ll get Balidawg to help me with that.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
41 - 42 of 42 Posts