BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have lived up here in the "Great North West" for about 20 years now. I am constantly disturbed by the high levels of ignorance, stupidity, and general retardation of drivers up here. I wish there was some kind of counseling line I could call because I'm seriously frustrated with this crap. :banghead: I mean seriously! These f**king people just have no f**king clue about "slower traffic keep right" and how to properly merge, I mean can't they figure out the f**king simplicity of a f**king zipper?!? Oh and WTF is the speed limit on I-5?!? OH excuse me I didn't realize that it was 45 MPH!! WTF?!? :ben: (gf was just watching Gordon Ramsay so excuse my f**king french)

I'm almost ready to make my own signs and post them on the current speed limit signs, something like "YES REALLY, it's 60!" and just your basic "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" signage would really make a difference in my opinion. Or better yet, a little red button on my steering wheel that fires a f**king DEATH RAY l3ITCH!!!! :thumbup:

had to vent...
:) have a nice day!!

ps: I drive to California once or twice a year, they actually drive the speed limit doen there (or about 10-15 mph over ;) ) AND they actually change lanes to let you by, OMFG what a concept, I love it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yea it especially sucks ass when you're trying to do 80 :rofl:

I love my gx-65 :boink:

but seriously, I think there is definitely a safety concern regarding the absence of an effective passing lane, I think that's the whole idea behind the slower traffic keep right theory. I wonder if a paper can be written up with enough people to sign it :read: we could actually make an impact for the sake of sanity :idea:

·
Registered
63 Posts
My sentiments exactly, it's the same thing down here in Portland. I'm scared to take my M3 out, people just drive like a car is just a throw away object, easily replaced if it gets hit, etc, so distracted with other things other than keeping up with the speed limit, etc. :banghead:

·
/// Limitless
3,506 Posts
I really think that the insurance companies should be forced to buy air time on the major stations for public service announcements that show and tell people how they are supposed to drive in certain circumstances.

As scary as the freeway is with no passing lane and people doing 45 in a 60 are some of these towns with no stop signs, no yeild signs no nothing :yikes: scare the bjeezus out of me. Your expected to hope the other guy is paying as much attention as you are when they come to the intersection because its pretty much a free-for-all. If you've never seen it, 70% of Port Angeles off the main arterials doesn't have stop signs. Someones gonna die.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The "turn signal gives me the right of way to merge" drivers pizz me off the most. I actually had a guy honk his horn and gave me the one finger solute because I didn't just slow down to allow him to cut over (since he did have his turn signal on). Needless to say, I gave him the "two handed one finger solute" just to show how much more I care than him.

I just don't get it, Seattle drivers....if you're merging into MY lane, YOU yield.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The "turn signal gives me the right of way to merge" drivers pizz me off the most. I actually had a guy honk his horn and gave me the one finger solute because I didn't just slow down to allow him to cut over (since he did have his turn signal on). Needless to say, I gave him the "two handed one finger solute" just to show how much more I care than him.

I just don't get it, Seattle drivers....if you're merging into MY lane, YOU yield.
Yea they deliberately cut over and then slow down below the current flow. :facepalm: I mean come on sheeple, join the "human race", I'm just saying...

Those f**kers are awesome, I can never seem to give em the finger because my left hand is on the flashers and my right is laying on the horn. I have no qualms anymore about using it, electric shock would of course be more effective but you do what you can I guess. :4ngie:

I sometimes play a game with "pacers", (those people that just pace along with the cars around them totally oblivious that they are actually in control of their vehicle) Trying to change lanes with these douchebags can be a challenge because just when you think you're doing the right thing by signaling, they always will speed up just enough to not let you in. :mad: Then you must slow down to pass behind them at which point they slow down for no f**king reason other than to be a douche. :tsk: So, what I do now it pace along with them and then just slow down ever so slightly so as to trick them into into pacing with you. It's great to watch them slowly back off the car in front of them merely by your power of suggestion. :rofl: Then you simply make your move. But seriously, I'm probably not saving much time in the end but I'm just trying to go the f**king speed limit and get home at a reasonable time, I'm just saying...

·
/// Limitless
3,506 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 15 of 15 Posts