E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd just like to send a big thanks to Jason at EuroDivision for his HID lighting kit.
I ordered it on Tuesday night and it was at my Door on Thursday morning.
I ordered the 8000K kit and it works perfectly.

For anyone who is thinking about getting a HID kit for their car i highly recommend EuroDivision.

One thing i have to comment on, if you own a facelift coupe there is no need to remove the headlights when installing the HIDs. The instruction manual which the pack came with said that you have to take the lights out, drill holes etc.

If you look at your lights there is a little lid you open up which gives you direct access to the lights. It is a bit fiddly but can be done. I recommend using very bright lighting and long tip pliers.

Installing the hids took me about half an hour, and mounting the ballasts another 15 mins.

So all in all it was a simple process and the finished product looks amazing :)

now to change my fog and parkers..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pics :)

The ballasts are mounted as best as i could do it...
I used cables ties, so they are not moving any time soon lol.
The third photo shows the drivers side light... mounting this ballast was a little hard as there was hardly any room. but it fits well where it is :)

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Very interesting -- I have a Facelift coupe and have been wanting to find a quick upgrade for HIDs without using DEPOs. I'll definitely check this out. Thanks!

·
Registered
984 Posts
If you're willing to take the headlights out, you can mount the Ballasts under the headlight in the factory location (not sure if it's factory location for the ballasts, maybe it's for the headlight washer mechanism). If you've got slim ballasts they should fit fine. i didn't have slim ones so I had to cut one of the plastic slits to the ballast would sit flush under the headlight.

This way you're setup will look less noticeable!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah too bad you didn't hide your ballast. I got mine well hidden :) looks neat and tidy after. Good work though! Looks good

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
its not that blue, after 5 minutes it goes more white, the photo definately makes it more blue than what it is
Have u got more pics? im trying to find some 6500/7000k globes but i cant, so deciding whether to get 6000/8000k globes.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
i highly reccomend you hide thoes balasts. cops wont be impressed if they lift your hood.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any ideas on where to hide aftermarket ballasts? I couldn't find any gaps big enough to get my hands down to mount them...
Like someone mentioned I had my ballasts mounted to the under side of the headlights. There were OEM spots. I purchased my lights from Jason also, n a fellow e46f member (e46 coupe ) helped install for me. Cutoff is hella sharp.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bimmer App

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Like someone mentioned I had my ballasts mounted to the under side of the headlights. There were OEM spots. I purchased my lights from Jason also, n a fellow e46f member (e46 coupe ) helped install for me. Cutoff is hella sharp.

Yours has that compartment (facelift coupe's), most of the other E46 headlights do not have that area. :)

One place to mount the ballast is deep down in the fender area below the headlights.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have u got more pics? im trying to find some 6500/7000k globes but i cant, so deciding whether to get 6000/8000k globes.
ive got some more pics here, my lights are definitely more blue than the 6000k, but not that blue that im going to get pulled over... its a bmw not a red honda civic with a black bonnet so it doesnt attract that much attention from cops lol

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
ive got some more pics here, my lights are definitely more blue than the 6000k, but not that blue that im going to get pulled over... its a bmw not a red honda civic with a black bonnet so it doesnt attract that much attention from cops lol
not that theres anything wrong with honda civics...:(

·
Registered
681 Posts

55w ballasts don't fit under there. Are yours OEM ballasts?

The OEM ones were huge, and were made to fit the slot under the headlights. Did you just do a hack job to fit them?

·
Registered
984 Posts
55w ballasts don't fit under there. Are yours OEM ballasts?

The OEM ones were huge, and were made to fit the slot under the headlights. Did you just do a hack job to fit them?
My Ballasts were slightly too bog, so I cut off one plastic slit at the end under each headlight and managed to screw in the ballasts, no problem.

Jason mentioned above that pre-facelifts may not have this area under the headlight which could be why you may be having trouble.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts