E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I'm basically saying is, is there any hidden pockets/compartments in E46s where I could hide something? The type of spot where only the driver/owner of the car would know about? Or do any of you know of certain places in the car where the cops wouldn't know about/would never check??

I hope my questions are clear...and I hope you guys get what I'm talkin about...:pimpin:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
You hiding some buds or something, the armrest is alright I guess if you are just going do a little hide job, most cops have no idea about it. If you really wanna hide something, but in the spare wheel well, or where the CD changer could be mounted or is mounted if you have it. Under the BMW floormat works too if you must Also behidn the rear center armerest if you under the leather frmo the metal that is attached with velcro you can fit a little something back there.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
you can always have a custum made safe installed somewhere under your dash board... also, my favorite hiding spot is under the spare tire in the trunk, nobody will look back there... oh the best hiding spot ever is in the verts... the back headrest splits right open and you have some space... nobody in the world would be able to find that spot unless they own a 3 series vert.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
MillsBims said:
i usually use the armrest thing, but if you are moving serious weight i'd go with the spare tire idea, cuz that way your car wont smell either.

Eric
I just realized but, is your car RHD :dunno: If so :bow:

Edit never mind I guess its just a Pshop or soethign cuz yoru wheel is on the left in the other pic

·
Retired
1,338 Posts
Engine compartment
battery compartment
spare tire well
inside the bumper
inside ecu box
underneath rear seat
taped underneath front seats
shift boot
taped onto backside of sunroof shade

if you're worried about smell... vacuum seal it, then wrap in fabric softener w/ windex, then vacuum seal again :eeps:

or you can go "belly" (the movie) style and wrap it in foil then vaseline then plastic wrap.

·
Believe it!!!
837 Posts
swallow it.. :) like the guy in bmw films.. he swallowed the daimonds... bling bling..

well.. actually it depends what your hiding? them dogs will be able to sniff anything out of your car... i've seen a checkpoint between the US and Mexico where they would XRay the entire car.

·
Registered
644 Posts
jestr said:
Engine compartment
battery compartment
spare tire well
inside the bumper
inside ecu box
underneath rear seat
taped underneath front seats
shift boot
taped onto backside of sunroof shade

if you're worried about smell... vacuum seal it, then wrap in fabric softener w/ windex, then vacuum seal again :eeps:

or you can go "belly" (the movie) style and wrap it in foil then vaseline then plastic wrap.
:lmao: ... Not that you've ever had to do it ... :eeps:

I see you're in Seattle, we should get together :eeps: :lmao:

·
Registered
524 Posts
LOL! As I was reading this post I couldn't help but laugh.

Do you guys actually think that police officers don't drive BMW's?

If those spots WERE secret, they're not now!

hehehe

Good Luck with your extracurriclar activities!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Awesome-E46 said:
LOL! As I was reading this post I couldn't help but laugh.

Do you guys actually think that police officers don't drive BMW's?

If those spots WERE secret, they're not now!

hehehe

Good Luck with your extracurriclar activities!
Hehe, well a police officer who is cool enough to drive a Bimmer is probably
also cool enough to recognize the insignificance of someone possessing a
small amount of pot.

There is at least one officer on this board, maybe we should ask him ... or
maybe not :eeps: :eeps: :eeps:

:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
the best spot is put it in a CD case or something, or else put it in the back under the black plastic pannel in the bottom right corner of the trunk

·
Got Mis-shift?
748 Posts
you could always hide it under the cupholders. or if you have HK system, remove the subs and put your sh*t in there:dunno:

Or if you're bringing something small, hide it where the motion sensors go (the one on the headliners).

if all else fails, put it in you a s s.:thumbup: :lmao:

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,886 Posts
i dont think anyone has said this. I found this spot when i was putting in my rear tailights. On the right rear you will see a little plastic peice going through the fabric on the wall of the trunk. it should have a gas symbol on it because it has something to do with the gas tank. stick your hand up in the top of the trunk above that peice and pull the fabric towards the outside of the car then down (you may have to play w/ it a little). vwa-la, a instant hiding spot behind the trunk lining. just make sure how deep it is, you wouldnt want some valuable little something falling all the way down, stick it to the side with some tape or something. good luck, any questions, shoot me a PM, i could send you some pics or something if you really were serious.

dalton

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,886 Posts
PS- no cop would ever look behind the lining when doing a quick once over because its kind of a hassle and very involved and i dont think they would even think of it to tell you the truth. if i were a cop, i would look in the spare wheel well, they are not stupid, im sure they have seen that a million times

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha, hell yeah, thanks for all the replies guys :thumbup:! All your suggestions were great, but I'm just looking for a spot that's not as obvious as the center armrest, yet not as much of a hassle as peeling off the lining in the trunk or putting it in the obvious spare tire compartment. Too bad I don't have a 'vert, that spot sounds :pimpin:! But thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming! :D

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DBX said:
what are you trying to hide?
Nothing, just wanted to know in case the need ever arose. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts