E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to replace my headlights and fogs with hid kits. Was looking for recommendations. I searched and read several threads suggesting trs or ddm. I was a little iffy on those kits though. Any other recommendations, really looking into umnitza and notto. Also was curious to if its ok to run 35W fogs with 55W lows. And suggestions on coloring potentially would be appreciated. Im constantly debating between 6k and 8k. Im thinking to go 8k on the low and 6k on the fogs. Or possibly the other way around or simply just go 6k low & fog or 8k low & fog. Any one running any of these? I most likly not going to touch my highs. Once i get orion angel eyes put it hid lows and fogs i doubt i will ever need my highs. I believe you need to run a bi-xenon also to convert both lows and highs to hid.

-Sav

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've been interested and looking for HID fog lights aswell i have a thread, i have 6000k 55 DDM low hid on my car, and my car is white and i have stock non projector foglights

·
Site Sponsor
18,139 Posts
I've been interested and looking for HID fog lights aswell i have a thread, i have 6000k 55 DDM low hid on my car, and my car is white and i have stock non projector foglights
We have those as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how are the 55W DDM lows? I want my Lows to match my angel eyes which are illuminating at 6k. I was actually looking at ddm kits myself. did you go with the mid size or slim? Im afraid if i get the midsize i wont be able to mount the ballast under my inner headlight housing. leaning towards a 55w 8k as they claim the color is closer to 6k but im assuming with a little more blue tint and going with led bulbs or a 35w 6k kit for my fogs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
how are the 55W DDM lows? I want my Lows to match my angel eyes which are illuminating at 6k. I was actually looking at ddm kits myself. did you go with the mid size or slim? Im afraid if i get the midsize i wont be able to mount the ballast under my inner headlight housing. leaning towards a 55w 8k as they claim the color is closer to 6k but im assuming with a little more blue tint and going with led bulbs or a 35w 6k kit for my fogs.
Here is how mine look with 55w 6k low and 6k angel eyes .... not a good angle but looks pretty matched

Sent from my DROID3 using Bimmer App

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Moritmoto 35 watt ballasts, 5000k bulbs and mini projectors for the lows

55 watt nokya 2500k bulbs for the fog lights or a projector retrofit
This^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts