E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
2003 325i touring
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 325it wagon with factory xenon headlights. The passernger side has developed an issue where it does not want to start when initially turned on. I replaced the ballast and igniter and it has new bulbs (although cheap ones from Amazon). If I repeatedly cycle the headlight switch it will eventually catch and will work fine for the rest of the drive. But the next day it will be reluctant to start up again. I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

· Premium Member
2003 325i touring
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2003 325it wagon with factory xenon headlights. The passernger side has developed an issue where it does not want to start when initially turned on. I replaced the ballast and igniter and it has new bulbs (although cheap ones from Amazon). If I repeatedly cycle the headlight switch it will eventually catch and will work fine for the rest of the drive. But the next day it will be reluctant to start up again. I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!
The key phrase is “cheap ones from Amazon.” I’d swap the ballasts to see what happens.
This ia a German part. Apparently used by BMW, Porche and Mercedes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts