BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed an HID Conversion kit in my '03 330xi and having some issues with it..

first problem is the lights constantly flicker when the car is on and running/driving. I have ballasts, but no relay, and they are hooked up through the original lighting wires.

The other problem is sometimes one of the lights does not come on immediately, and won't for a good 10 minutes. Sometimes I even have to turn off the car and turn it back on or play with the on/off switch or both.

Please, no flamming or giving me crap.. I am well aware of most people's opinions on HID kits in stock housing, and don't need a bunch of people telling me I'm stupid and I should get projectors. I'm going to eventually, so I don't need to repeatedly hear about something I already know. Please, if you know why my lights are acting the way they are acting, "shed some light" on the problem for me, and offer a solution, and not just an opinion on how dumb you think I am.

Thanks

·
Registered
32,590 Posts
you need to get your car reflashed to accept xenons. or do the capacitor mod. look it up.

the other problem is probably a bad ballast, ignitor, or bulb caused by problem 1. it's bad to have HIDs flicker and to turn them on/off quickly in succession.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts