E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently purchased the "HID xenon bulb set" which claims to be "plug and play". Well it came with a crazy wiring harness which I cannot figure out how to piece into the current one. Of course there are no directions and EAS is slow to respond.

Has anyone else done this?
Do I need a converter?

I will upload pictures soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
dont mean to hi-jack you thread, but its related.
i just bought a D2s 50watt Hid conversion today, should be here tomorow. The thing is, that i already have factory HID which i am led to believe is 35watt.
The instructions i'm gonna recieve are designed for normal halogen.
i'm guessing i just swap out the old for new on my car. & from what i've read, you should be either be connecting your factory bulb connection to the ballast/igniter
and then the ballast/igniter to the HID bulb.
in some instances, you will connect your factory connection to a Relay (electronic switch) which inturn powers the ballast/igniter.

a Relay (electromagnetic switch) effectively uses a small current to switch on a larger current. So it will have a second larger power supply then the skinny wire you use to switch it on.

Anyone who knows more feel free to jump in and correct me. i'm just chat shitting from my knowledge of ICE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts