E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realised today i have a serious problem. I was in denial for a long time no matter what my brothers, friends, and girl friend has told me but just 5 minutes ago while looking at m-tech bumpers, i realised im addicted to modding my car. I just bought a Pioneer AVIc-N1 and i promised myself i was done but now i say "ok, now just my system and the m-tech and THEN im done." Now granted that i dont have nearly as much on my car as probly 75% of the members on here, but keep in mind that im 18, Ive only had this car for under 6 months now, and ive spent close to 8 grand just in mods. and im still not satisfied... im going to see craig at street effectz saturday for a system setup, and i still hve so much to do... mtech bumper, painted moldings, roof spoiler, cameras, strobes, Tv's in the headrest, push button start, etc etc etc.......

and i WISH i was broke so atleast it would force me to stop but the fact of the matter is i make it more than i spend it, and its almost a problem, lol

I dont know what to do.....

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
I'm in the same boat

·
Likes Supermodels
2,354 Posts
jgrecbets said:
I just realised today i have a serious problem. I was in denial for a long time no matter what my brothers, friends, and girl friend has told me but just 5 minutes ago while looking at m-tech bumpers, i realised im addicted to modding my car. I just bought a Pioneer AVIc-N1 and i promised myself i was done but now i say "ok, now just my system and the m-tech and THEN im done." Now granted that i dont have nearly as much on my car as probly 75% of the members on here, but keep in mind that im 18, Ive only had this car for under 6 months now, and ive spent close to 8 grand just in mods. and im still not satisfied... im going to see craig at street effectz saturday for a system setup, and i still hve so much to do... mtech bumper, painted moldings, roof spoiler, cameras, strobes, Tv's in the headrest, push button start, etc etc etc.......

and i WISH i was broke so atleast it would force me to stop but the fact of the matter is i make it more than i spend it, and its almost a problem, lol

I dont know what to do.....
well sir, i'm sorry to be the one to tell u this, but there's no cure for this type of addiction. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I hear ya man... "ok last one..." "ok maybe this one will be the last one".... "OK nevermind I'm addicted to my car!" :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I believe there is a 12-shift program that will help you deal with this issue, but sounds like you have already done the hardest part... admiting that you have a problem is the first step to to a full recovery!

·
1,074 Posts
you now the reality is.. the fact we are even on a bmw forum is really bad. this place itself is addicting.

im not in denial anymore either. the only thing thats gonna make me wanna stop modding my e46 is when the e90 hits :banghead:

·
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)
2,281 Posts
Damn, I thought I'm the only one who is addictive to it. I can't stop it!!!! Help!!!!! Nahhh, I'll be fine. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
The problem is that everytime you do one thing, you always say to yourself, "Well, I should improve that, or fix this. The car would look better with this... or, I am bord of this, I should change this" It never stops!

·
Registered
0 Posts
dang, i wish i had an M3 so i can join the group :cry: ... winter is coming up and no garage! hence dont want to purchase one just yet

·
Registered
644 Posts
if you guys realy want to stop moding ... go broke like me:-d lol
there was a simmilar post a cople weeks back theres only 2 ways to stop modding 1)stay off this forum ; and 2)go broke lol

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
mrx733 said:
if you guys realy want to stop moding ... go broke like me:-d lol
there was a simmilar post a cople weeks back theres only 2 ways to stop modding 1)stay off this forum ; and 2)go broke lol

Wait, you forgot a third way....having a girlfriend/wife :bawling: Oh wait...this might tie into the "go broke" way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
idoc330ci said:
Wait, you forgot a third way....having a girlfriend/wife :bawling: Oh wait...this might tie into the "go broke" way.
yeah man, getting married doesnt help, u got to stay off the forum to start with......and then u got tobe broke. getting drunk/high also helps :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts