E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I think it's high time I introduced myself. I was planning on doing some DIY with help from this forum. Purchased my car the 7/28th and got into an accident on 8/6. Since then, I've been busy trying to get **** together. I am finally getting enough money to take care of my car.
Need to do a lot of cosmetic work and I have an issue with pedal response/acceleration/lagg/rev maxing at 5k. etc.
I shall be frequenting here getting pieces for my baby. She should have been totaled, but I had only liability insurance and they ruled it my fault.
It's a sense of pride that has me keeping this girl. I'm gonna get her back to tip top this summer.
Her name is Rachael.
I am also thinking of dropping an M3 I6 in it. I've seen that others have done it.
I want a 333i. :)
Anyway. Hello all. Hope we can grow and learn together!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sounds awesome bro but in the long run you would be better off just selling it salvaged or parting it out and then buying an M3. You can get a 2002 M3 for about $13,000-$20,000, they aren't to expensive anymore. Getting an S54 engine and having all the needed stuff like transmission, computer, cluster, etc and having it all installed correctly will cost a lot. I'd say close to $10,000 for all that if not more.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
^hes right about the s54 swap. its probably expensive and very time consuming... however your car would be incredibly unique and you'd have a ton of pride. something that doesn't always have a monetary value but can make the swap more worth it if you are dedicated to the idea.

Either way, Welcome! Post some pics!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Welcome:hi: The conversion you are talking about has been done many times before. The best one I have seen comes from a guy in Europe (Sweeden). For all purposes this sedan is pure M3 but in sedan form. Something that BMW should have offered for the E46.

Here is the link, check it out. http://www.germancarforum.com/3-series/30467-amazing-e46-m3-sedan.html

This is a mod done perfectly but you have to have lots of $$$$$ to make it happen like this. I really love this car...:drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the responses! I'm actually looking to buy a wrecked M3 for around 4-5grand and pulling all the parts out of that.
It can definitely be done, and I have a friend who is going to be living with me for a bit that's a mechanic. I think it would be a GREAT project
I've already put way more money into this car than it's worth, but it's a pride thing. I won't let my baby get away from me without being better than when I purchased it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts