BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if you know a good place to get custom wheels. I'm also considering getting used ones if that's an option. Where do you go? I want to get factory ones (BMW's). How much should I expect to pay?

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
Well, I'm not from Portland but I do know of a place

over in downtown Portland called Plus One motorsports.

Give them a call at 503-244-9010

Not sure on pricing but they have lotsa HRE's and other nice rims....

late,
rick

·
Registered
863 Posts
Plus one is :thumbdwn:

Unless you like to pay retail plus a "you bought it at plus one fee"

They are dicks to everyone......

If you need wheels in P-town you are screwed...just buy them off the net....thats what I do...then put them on and have Les Schab balance them for free!:thumbup:

But I have bought wheels from everyplace in Portland and they do all suck ass.

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
Mike....thanks for the input!

I only visited them since I was in town and "heard" about them. Thanks for the insider tip not that I would ever buy from them anyways.

how's the GS400 doing? I'm selling mine on E-bay right now

Lost your number or I would have called you up last time I was there. Met up with Shane though.....

late,
rick

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yea, I get no P-town love:sad:

I wish the Portland guys would get together.

Plus one is big time money hungry....for years they never would talk to me until they thought they could make money off me....now they know I won't buy so back to being dicks. Plus they are used to selling to the Blazers who buy what ever they want to sell for what ever price.

The GS is good....still one of the nicest in the US....I have a RMM big brake kit sitting here but I don't know...I may sell the GS....not sure yet.

Saw your GS for sale.....do you still need a grill?

BTW: You know anything about registering JDM cars?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips, you guys!! I'm still debating whether I'd get them or not but I really don't like the rims I have now (the ones that come w/ 325i as standard). Don't you think they're ugly?? But I am pretty conservative when it comes to cars, so I don't want flashy ones but I want nice looking ones. I sort of like the ones that come with Xi's. Do you have any suggestion as to what I might like? Oh, and how much am I looking at to get the decent ones? Do you know of any web sites that I can get used rims?

·
Registered
824 Posts
CSHFLW said:
Plus one is :thumbdwn:

Unless you like to pay retail plus a "you bought it at plus one fee"

They are dicks to everyone......

If you need wheels in P-town you are screwed...just buy them off the net....thats what I do...then put them on and have Les Schab balance them for free!:thumbup:

But I have bought wheels from everyplace in Portland and they do all suck ass.
I agree. Plus one sucks! :thumbdwn: Not only they have ridiculous prices, but they also have to give everyone attitude.

I would recommend you get rims online.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Agree (unfortunately). However, it was only my salesperson who sucked. Very negative. Lousy service.

That being said, a couple other guys in there I worked with were great.

If I were doing it over I wouldn't have gone with them.

·
Just Marinatin'
2,875 Posts
I like to look

at plus one because the actually have the wheels so it gives you a better idea about how they look in person. I would never buy from them though because their prices are ridiculous. I asked about a remus exhaust and they wanted 1000 dollars installed. That is when I decided never to buy from them.

Wasabi, if you want stock wheels then you should go to ebay they always have the XI wheels for sale.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I dont live in portland anymore ( :eeps: ) but PlusOne sucks. However they do carry the RD Tornado kit (the only place I know that actually carries the body kit), but at Plusone prices.

I guess if you wanted to buy in town, u can try Scott from the Motorsports department at Rasmussen. However I think they are limited to ACS/Hamann/RD/and the like. If he doesn't have it, he'd have to order it for you, so you might as well order it off the net anyways? :dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts