BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
how does it work

seems like you pay they send package escrow pays you.. what if the person receiving the package says they never got it even though they did?

·
Registered OG User
497 Posts
The people i've personally delt with on THIS forum have been pretty damm honest for total strangers. But isn't Paypal a form of escrow? I use that, but if you're going to be screwed i.e. damaged products, paypal won't do jack.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
COD is a good idea, personally i have dealt with a lot of ppl on the board and about 95% of us are nice to deal with, just make sure to use credit card payment or anything that protect ur own right :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
381 Posts
i thought i can trust most members here too but after what happened to me this weekend i think i will have to go with all these other alternatives for payments. I have been told to use COD but becaseu my eagerness have blinded me. i saw it comoing but i doubted myslef. i have been told to use COD but being the nice guy that i am i still went ahead and did it western union. well this is a very expensive learning experience i have learned today.

·
needs a new sig...
4,638 Posts
COD works so does Paypal..but hey i have bought and sold now on this board..i used MO, Paypal and COD and i havent got burned..i guess speak to the person more then just once before you do business and get a vibe formt he person you are dealing with..i guess thats the easiest way!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
xS3x said:
i would only trust a member whos been here for a while and has a pretty good reputation
yeah, thats is a good idea, just make deal with ppl that other member knows well and decide by their posts..

·
Registered
381 Posts
but sometimes the person can play it off pretty good. i mean i totally didnt think that he was gonna screw me over liek this. i guess i should have opened up my eyes to see all the frickin clues.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Black330ci said:
lol wheres read that thing about the 25k m3
That was energy-escrow.com, which is a fake service setup to confuse people w/ escrow.com.

JACOB NJ said:
seems like you pay they send package escrow pays you.. what if the person receiving the package says they never got it even though they did?
Then you can check w/ the shipping company to find out whether the person has signed and picked up the item.

·
Registered
547 Posts
using a credit card on paypal does nothing for you. Paypal does not protect you and the cc company transaction is with paypal not the seller. Paypal offers no protection at all!

·
Crazy Boy
1,360 Posts
ive never been ripped doing BMW sales. sold a intake manifold on bimmerforums, bought $1900 rims on dtmpower. each time sending money out first.

·
Crazy Boy
1,360 Posts
cabrioguy said:
using a credit card on paypal does nothing for you. Paypal does not protect you and the cc company transaction is with paypal not the seller. Paypal offers no protection at all!
if you tell your credit card u were frauded and the item never came they will stop the payment.

·
• DFW •
2,570 Posts
Doing paypal or MO always pay half, then when u get the package pay the rest. This way the risk is not all on one side. Its tough though. Call the person a couple of times if necessary and get their full address, maybe even license number if its a big Dolla transaction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts