BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another thing can i install them and then buy the xenon bulbs and itll work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
vaio76109 said:
Wow, thats not closed minded at all :rolleyes:
What do you mean by that? I've ALWAYS heard from others NOT to buy eBay halos, they're cheap...how does that make me closed minded? I've personally made the mistake of purchasing products for my car off of eBay, and with the exception of the ACS replica pedals, they have been crap knock-offs that don't fit right and aren't worth the money.

If the eBay halos were actually good for $100, than everyone here would be buying them instead of spending $300+ on WP Halos.

EDIT: You can also find WP Phosphyre Halos at www.m3motorwerks.com
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,818 Posts
SB22 said:
What do you mean by that? I've ALWAYS heard from others NOT to buy eBay halos, they're cheap...how does that make me closed minded? I've personally made the mistake of purchasing products for my car off of eBay, and with the exception of the ACS replica pedals, they have been crap knock-offs that don't fit right and aren't worth the money.

If the eBay halos were actually good for $100, than everyone here would be buying them instead of spending $300+ on WP Halos.
Ive looked at lots of the kits on ebay and most of them suck, but this one actually looks/sounds pretty good. Dont just go off saying that they suck because thats what other people say. Shure maybe the one that one person tried sucked, but that might not have been this one.

Paying more does not automatically make a product better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
I admit, they do look/sound a lot better then the other kits i've seen on eBay, but, I would still have serious doubts if i was looking to buy them because they are so cheap (in price) compared to other kits. I'd mainly be concerned with the wiring harness part. It'd be nice if they showed more pictures of that part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
iverson2k10 said:
topic, becuase ima order some this week and i need to know whats best quality

i like the CCFL ones but i hope the pictures aint lying heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7927514189&category=33710


and for the DDE angle eyes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7927542770&category=33710


and another question those 2 Huge bulbs that come 1 on each side or OEM Angel headlights?


The second link on ebay are not DDEs, they look OK a t the pictures. i would get the second one if I was you.

And also the first link or item said it is for "E39 5 series all model" and the seller showed pictures of E46 models. I don't think the seller knows what is what
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
vaio76109 said:
Nobody else answer this but ASARUM007, what does DDE stand for?
Don't mean any disrespect, but instead of making comments like this and the one you made to me earlier about being "closed minded", why don't you offer some knowledge to the board. The creator of the thread is obviously new to the forum and is confused about some things, give him something productive.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,818 Posts
SB22 said:
Don't mean any disrespect, but instead of making comments like this and the one you made to me earlier about being "closed minded", why don't you offer some knowledge to the board. The creator of the thread is obviously new to the forum and is confused about some things, give him something productive.
I dont mean any disrespect, but I think people are throwing around terms and not knowing what they mean. Well it was rather closed minded to say just since there from ebay there crap. Alot of people on this board have had good luck buying things from ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys i just need some help, iive had my 323i for 3 months now, im only 18 and it took me 3 years to save up for it, so i bought it from some rich guy for cheap. the only modd i have on it is 20% tinted windows all the way around front to back, and now i wana finish it with halos for the winter. but any way back to the topic the way the picture shown on the CCFL pics, the cars they have for example are exactly how i want them. and also my girl is buying me HID's so i wonder will it work?




p.s ill show the BMw pics soon thanx
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,818 Posts
iverson2k10 said:
hey guys i just need some help, iive had my 323i for 3 months now, im only 18 and it took me 3 years to save up for it, so i bought it from some rich guy for cheap. the only modd i have on it is 20% tinted windows all the way around front to back, and now i wana finish it with halos for the winter. but any way back to the topic the way the picture shown on the CCFL pics, the cars they have for example are exactly how i want them. and also my girl is buying me HID's so i wonder will it work?




p.s ill show the BMw pics soon thanx
If your doing both HID and halos i suggest looking into Projector46 from jlevi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DOES aany one have a picture of CCFL with installed HIDS on them, just that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vaio, i want my halos to look like what ur bmw on ur Banner has.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,818 Posts
iverson2k10 said:
vaio, i want my halos to look like what ur bmw on ur Banner has.
Those are Enhanced Phosphyre halos from Jlevi. Thats what most people on this board get.

EDIT-they also have the "tape mod"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn i was hoping the CCFL would look like that
 

·
Mod Squad
Joined
·
12,623 Posts
The second one is your best bet. It has a covering around it just like the Enhanced halos and it already has the "tape mod" in place. It has quick disconnect connectors on it. The only thing I'd like to know more about is the ballast, and the entire wiring loom.

For novices with no electrical experience, the wiring harness that comes in the WP Halos is really nice. A relay is included, an in-line fuse, and everything is wrapped up in a nice plastic sheathing to give a very OEM appearance.

You might also want to get into contact with JLevi. He has a kit around $150 that includes a wiring harness, customer service, and has received accolades here from the members that have purchased the kits. The kit however will not give you the Enhanced halo look that is featured in Vaio's sig.

Moving on to the hids, you do realize that a good hid kit costs something like $300-400? And that's in a halogen housing. If you want to do it right, then you need to get projectors. For projectors, you can either search eBay for the individual projectors (may be hard to find, not sure), or you can buy the OEM head lights off eBay. Some folks have managed to get them for a real steal. I figure somewhere around $500 for a set, then you tack on $100 for your Halos, that's $600. For that price, you may as well go with the Projector46s.
 

·
Site Sponsor
Joined
·
18,523 Posts
That product is a direct rip off of the design made 1 year ago.

2005's release will absolutely KNOCK IT OUT OF THE PARK AGAIN.

Be careful what you buy on eBay, the picures may not be theirs.

Let's just digest this properly:

First Link:
1) Stole a picture of our original DDE LIghtning Kit's owner (mustard yellow M3)
2) Doesn't have a wiring harness, no easy install
3) Has what is commonly known as the worst way for CCFL rings to be made - with bent necks at the top.
4) Comes with power supplies that IN OUR TESTING HAS FAILED 7 out of 10.
5) All other images on that link are stolen.
6) No such thing as 43000mcd CCFL - we tested those at 24000-27000, ours are 33000 and are at MAX rating for a 12-14.5V supply from the car.

Link 2:
1) Direct ripoff of our clip design from over 2 years ago.
2) Same as #4 on Link 1 description
3) Same as #3 in Link 1 description
4)
ebay vendor said:
Other competitions use cheap clear acrylic ring sleeves which is not durable and looks ghetto.
Juvenile language may indicate juvenile product support.
5)
ebay vendor said:
result problems such as cold starting or even fire hazard.
This is particularly comical because they don't provide a wiring harness - perhaps THEY should be more concerned with a FIRE HAZARD.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,818 Posts
Some people say that you stole someone elses clip design in the first place...

LINK 1: are you shure it doesnt have a wiring harness? It never says it does or doesnt come with it, all it says is this... "wires and transformers."
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top