BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the fellow fanatics in Az. I am in dire need of a set of wheels that bolt on an e46. they dont need to be any special size, color, anything. I just need to rest my car on them for about 2 weeks until my wheels are ready. I sold my OEM wheels in anticipation that my new wheels would be ready...but of course they weren't, so I dont really want to leave the car on jackstands in the garage for about 2 weeks. If anyone has some wheels and tires that they wouldn't mind lending me for about 2 weeks i would be so appreciative. I will NOT be driving the car on them, only to set the car down on them instead of on jacks. Let me know if there is anyone out there that can help out a fellow fanatic:thumbup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
So what is wrong with leaving your car on a stand?? It's only 2 weeks. I don't think that it's long enough to cause any damage to your suspension. I used to leave my cars on those jacks that hold up the car at the wheels in 4 corners.;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grey330ci said:
So what is wrong with leaving your car on a stand?? It's only 2 weeks. I don't think that it's long enough to cause any damage to your suspension. I used to leave my cars on those jacks that hold up the car at the wheels in 4 corners.;)
...you could leave your car on jacks for years on end...but in an emergency, what would you do? let your $65K ride roast to pieces b/c it was on jacks:dunno: not me...you have to always expect the unexpected...ya know:thumbup:
....thanks for the info though, if i wouldn't have known that you can leave a car on jacks for extended periods of time I would have been indeed grateful for the info.;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
crummie said:

...you could leave your car on jacks for years on end...but in an emergency, what would you do? let your $65K ride roast to pieces b/c it was on jacks:dunno: not me...you have to always expect the unexpected...ya know:thumbup:
....thanks for the info though, if i wouldn't have known that you can leave a car on jacks for extended periods of time I would have been indeed grateful for the info.;)
Good point.:thumbup: I didn't think of that.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts