E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
To find the maps, i was using a hex editor. i would find the data block in a known good bin/xdf combo and do a search in my bin for that data block. Usually worked well because the ms42 data is almost identical across 2.5 and 2.8 engines. I was working from a 2.8 file and found almost everything identical to my 2.5, just in a different place.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry 0110AD is my version

·
Registered
69 Posts
dude would you share your xdf with me ?

I am currently using thaniels 3.01 xdf. I also have the 01100c6... software version as you and unfortunately no one has made or released an xdf for our software version. But I have some good news for you though. I have manually with the help of Daniel, looked and found some useful tables and settings, like rev limiter (auto and manual), speed limiter, throttle angle (for throttle response), ignition retard with fast closing of throttle, etc.. It is a modified version of Thaniels xdf. Many of the tables are very messed up, and if something looks wrong in a table, usually the rpm axis is screwed up, it means that you should not touch that table and ignore it. Also make sure to buy a checksum calculator for the ms42. It is required or else your car will not start.

·
Registered
69 Posts
is it possible for us just to change software version to the AD one that has some development going ? would it be similar to the ms43 way ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
ok so just to be 100% might be a silly question but i am a bit slow. i am on a ms42 m52tub28 usa running the c6 software which i would be downgrading to the AD software. is the AD software also for my 2.8 ? is the AD software for lets say a 2.5 that runs ms42 ? if not i would go upon just uploading the virgin file to my dme with winkpf ? Thanks again

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
How would you flash an virginized software with WinKFP?

Each softwareversion has been created for all different engine specs and even cars specs. So for 0110AD there is a software for 520i, 523i, 528i,... 320i, 323i, 328i,... Z3 2.0, Z3 2.8...

The differencies between different cars isn´t as big as the difference between each engine, so its fair to use a 323i tune on a 523i if we don´t have one specifically for the 5 series.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks man i was under the impression that software updates is flashed on the ms42 with winkfp must have read that wrong somewere. im fairly new to bmw programming i come from a DSM background. Anyway i have managed to finaly pull my 32k and 512k off my m52tub28 soft C6. with both galletto and JMgarage now i opend it up with a xdf for th AD software and its all messy. but somethings seem to look good. Would anyone be willing to help atleast look at my files. in tunerpro or RR or atleast see if they can mod the xdf just so i can open mine up

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=94753201139692156339
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=55946875907154926328

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Thanks man i was under the impression that software updates is flashed on the ms42 with winkfp must have read that wrong somewere. im fairly new to bmw programming i come from a DSM background. Anyway i have managed to finaly pull my 32k and 512k off my m52tub28 soft C6. with both galletto and JMgarage now i opend it up with a xdf for th AD software and its all messy. but somethings seem to look good. Would anyone be willing to help atleast look at my files. in tunerpro or RR or atleast see if they can mod the xdf just so i can open mine up

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=94753201139692156339
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=55946875907154926328
Well, good try ;) You need to look for similar patters between the AD version where you know what map that pattern corresponds to and search for similar pattern in your C6 and modify the xdf adresses. This will take everyone a huge amount of time and i don´t think there is anyone doing it for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK so here we go one last question i swear haha to go upon flasing my C6 software to AD i

1 . bootmode my ms42 with jm garage flasher
2. Save my 512k bin to a safe place
3. flash the AD virgin file to my dme with jmgarage
4. open INPA and realign the ews ? i have inpa but how ?
5. Pray to god it starts

·
Registered
60 Posts
OK so here we go one last question i swear haha to go upon flasing my C6 software to AD i

1 . bootmode my ms42 with jm garage flasher
2. Save my 512k bin to a safe place
3. flash the AD virgin file to my dme with jmgarage
4. open INPA and realign the ews ? i have inpa but how ?
5. Pray to god it starts

Hey if you can spare the 600kr(~$72usd) check out Siemens mss5x flashtool its simplifies flashing at least. No need to go into boot mode and can be done with inpa cable. I haven't flashed my spare dme yet but got my full dump on my main dme I'll let you know how it does when I do it tommorrow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i feel pretty comfortable using JMgarage for full flashing i have not tried the flash and align yet because my INPA cable stoped working ordered a new one. any update on ur flash ?

Hey if you can spare the 600kr(~$72usd) check out Siemens mss5x flashtool its simplifies flashing at least. No need to go into boot mode and can be done with inpa cable. I haven't flashed my spare dme yet but got my full dump on my main dme I'll let you know how it does when I do it tommorrow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i got my inpa to work i will try tommrow with jmgarage to flash the virgin file then alin ews with inpa

Ok I seemed to have misread what was going on in fact it did flash it is virgin software. On my dme but it's a used one I was going to send out for a forced induction tune. That being said I thought a full dump of the file on the dme would bring it to virgin state so I could align the ews and ship it for the tune. Looks like im gonna tear this bad boy apart and solder a new chip or just deal with 1 ecu and just back up the flash. Or with some will do figure that darn rolling code out. Was tinkering with pa soft but didn't want to jump my ews to reset it because I have a dme that works completly fine. But that being said the mss5x flashes fine to virgin went from a euro tune to ad full flash in 10 mins and back on my main dme. It worked as the ses light came on during key up. On euro the ses light never illuminates.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok so i was able to flash my ecu that was c6 version to the tuneable AD version by reading in bootmode with jmgarage then i wrote the full 512k AD virgin flash file to my ecu then i open INPA and align the dme. The car runs and drives and its now on the AD software. now i haave a question when i open my new flash file with tunerpro and the ms42 XDF it opens now once i change the stuff i want save the file. do i need to correct the checksum before uplading the full flash write again ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
'''How to Downgrade Your Software to 0110AD '''

Things you will need

1. A copy of 0110AD virgin software choose your model http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/tDqy6XsI/file.html
2. jmgarage flasher
3. your odb2 flashing cable
4. BMW INPA

Step 1 Start by removing your MS42 ecu from your car and open up it up.
Step 2 reconnect your dme to the car but only connectors 1 and 4
Step 3 connect your laptop via obd port using your flashing cable and open up jmgarage flasher
Step 4 Start by grounding the boot pin and turning igniton on to key position 2 keep holding the ground pin
Step 5 click connect in jmgarage flasher and keep holding the grounding pin untill it connects 100 you can remove the grounding pin now
Step 6 Save your current flash to a safe place. once you have your back up click open and select your new virgin software file and click write.
Step 7 once it writes 100 percent close all programs and turn off the car your now on virgin AD software
Step 8 Reassemble your dme and reconnect all plugs.
Step 9 Connect your INPA cable and turn key to position 2
step 10 Run bmw INPA select your model and dme open the EWS SYNC option and click sync ews on done close all programs and turn off car
Step 11 Start the engine and crack a beer you are now on 0110AD

81 - 100 of 119 Posts