E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
You need to check the software version, I had another person ask me because their b28 had different software. The maps will look messy if wrong.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dude so once i have my 32k bin. How do i start building my own xdf. Like i put it in tunerpro and it stays blank. Then i select to create a new template but i cant see any information at all

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have figured out how to open it with winlos demo but thats about how far i got. I have yet to figure out anything elese. Thanks for helping man. I hope my software matches the ones posted. If not ill start one from scratch. Thanks again dide

·
Registered
576 Posts
Do you have TunerPro?

You need to open the 32kb file in that program with the .xdf for MS42

·
Registered
731 Posts
I am currently using thaniels 3.01 xdf. I also have the 01100c6... software version as you and unfortunately no one has made or released an xdf for our software version. But I have some good news for you though. I have manually with the help of Daniel, looked and found some useful tables and settings, like rev limiter (auto and manual), speed limiter, throttle angle (for throttle response), ignition retard with fast closing of throttle, etc.. It is a modified version of Thaniels xdf. Many of the tables are very messed up, and if something looks wrong in a table, usually the rpm axis is screwed up, it means that you should not touch that table and ignore it. Also make sure to buy a checksum calculator for the ms42. It is required or else your car will not start.

·
Registered
69 Posts
damn guys so I was stuck for a while I accidently fried my ecu booting it up I managed to get another version 01100c6 ms42ecu. m52tub28 us Anyone hear any news of a up to date xdf for my software. I currently have no time to build my own. thanks in advance

61 - 80 of 119 Posts