E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hello All,

It's been awhile. Been working on other projects. But my son decided to pull out some of our DME programming stuff today (while I figured out how to cut some new BMW keys). Anyway this is our EEPROM programmer

A pretty good rats nest. I'll solder up something a little better later. It's an Arduno Mega, a EEPROM holder, a blank EEPROM (like those BMW puts in the DME) and a ardunio sheld that had an SD card on it. We had purchased a EEPROM programmer. But my son decided to go this route. He wrote a program to have the Arduinio Mega read the EEPROM and put the contents on the SD card. And another program that takes a file from the SD card and write it to the EEPROM. And today he got it to work. Next step we'll try to program a EEPROM while still mounted in the DME.

What's all this have to do with an XDF? Well if I can't get the bin onto the chip then a XDF for the entire EEPROM is kind of useless. Oh and it's become a bit more interesting to me as we have added a DME and EWS to our bench test set up. I'd like to change the VIN on the DME to match. For fun if nothing else.

Thaniel

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
If no one else is, I am interested in the translations. I've been collecting a "code-ring" of my own of the ones I've been able to figure out or derive from the work of others, and have been slowly working on the "C6" version with some of the more important maps more or less locked down. If there's interest, I can share that, though most of it is the obvious stuff. as for the C6 map locations, I'm hesitant due to the large amounts of guess-work and conjecture in regards to the precise identity of particular maps, as well as the somewhat hacked nature of my DME (it's been adapted to work on the E30 chassis) but perhaps if someone more seasoned with these sorts of things could "proof-read" my work, it might be a worthwhile endeavour.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Are you still interested in translations?

One thing i was very curious about is aebg :banghead: Funny abbreviation for Änderungsbegrenzung or "limitation of change" (lgrd at MS43).
Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delay. Been working on other things. And I might be joining the MS43 party :) Brought home a project 330i last night.

Yes translation information would be most helpful. My plan was to look at some of the MS43 XDF you have already posted and compare to what I have. but if you have anything easier to look at I'd love it.

Thaniel

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Which version are you guys working on disassembling? And do any public A2Ls have any ram addresses defined? The ones I have don't seem to. That would make the project a million times easier.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Still going

Hi Guys,

I have slowly been progressing with the MS42 file I have.

View attachment XDF_MS42_323_V2 (MOD2) 32K bin.pdf

It is a file that I originally got from Thaniel(Thanks Thaniel)

I have removed some of the unnecessary stuff but still have a long way to go.

I have made some basic groupings and given some labels where I know belong.

I have been using this file to tune my current 323i with cams and it works well.

It is still a half 323i and 328i file.
Where you see the axis and maps don't line up or make sense, it is because I have not got to it yet. There is still quite a lot that can be used for tuning.

The file is just renamed as a .pdf just change the file extension to .xdf and it is good to go.

I have a 512K version as well. I will look to hard code the address offset(32K Version) into the addresses without using the offset in the .xdf header. Should be faster to open in TunerPro.

If anyone has any feedback or extras they want me to look at, write a post for all to see as others might want the same.

If anyone wants any tuning help, let me know as I have some experience with aftermarket(Motec) scratch builds+tuning(no start file) and have learnt lots in dealing with aftermarket(schrick 248/248) camshaft tuning.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have been using both of them almost every day. just need to do the checksum correction before flashing.

41 - 60 of 119 Posts