BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
control. I'd would really appreciate that mod. Can one of the experts comment on the feasability of this?

·
Registered
122 Posts
i posted on this before, i think no off button sucks and is a major inconvenience. i'm glad someone shares my sentiment

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,622 Posts
I would agree but dont take that long to turn it all the way down for it to turn off ;)

·
Wacko 4 Jacko
517 Posts
Agree, needs this bad, it may only be a few clicks more, but that is more time with your eyes not on the road (or on the ass of the chick on the corner. Whatever).

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is not that it takes a long time to turn down/off. Rather it is the fact that continuing to press the down button eventually results in it coming back on. Thus you cannot do this without looking down which is just bad interface design.

This used to annoy me without my noticing. Ever since a friend pointed it out overtly I cannot turn my climate control off without thinking about how stupid this design is.

Done ranting

Matthew

·
Registered
965 Posts
Have you guys ever tried to pull that little flake of snow on the right side? In my car it turns off the A/C....

·
Taiwan/Vancouver/Shanghai
2,478 Posts
Munich said:
Have you guys ever tried to pull that little flake of snow on the right side? In my car it turns off the A/C....

WHAT?

·
Registered
444 Posts
you people need help. The Climate control is fine. I have never had trouble with it. Why have an off button it is there to maintain a set temp so it will go on and off to keep it there. You want and on off button order the car without autmatic climate control or just deal with it. ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Name one car with a climate control system that doesn't have a simple off button. You can defend the design all you want, but it makes no sense not to have the ability to turn the system off without having to take your eyes off the road for any longer than it takes to hit the button once.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts