E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i got all of my stuff...2 farad capictor...and now i just got two alpine mono amps 500 wats a piece...plus my two 12in alpine subs are comin in next week..1000wats a piece....anyways i want this to look real good. I was thinkin about puttin the subs or amp maybe in the spare tire area..but my father disagreed and wouldnt let me :) ...what happens if you get stuck with a flat tire hah..so anyways i want to make this setup real nice...i've seen alot of pics in the forum..and alot of really cool lookin stuff.. :thumbup: ...anyone have any suggestions..where to put the amps subs and whatever...ive seen some people have like custom decals or emblems engraved in some sheets..how??..im thinkin maybe this...check out my drawings... :)

thats just about how creative i am :thumbup: but please let me know if thats good..maybe some other suggestions with logos or setups or materials...thanks again

Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
86 the neon! Just sitting out in the open like that, makes the install look half a$$ed. If you use the neon to backlight the amps I think it would look sweet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know i wouldnt keep em like that..maybe a few on the ceiling but..what do you mean by back lighting the amps..do you think i should use instead of the carpet planks..use plexiglass for the stands for the amps..and then stick a blue led under those so they shine through..if you can..show me a diagram if ya got time of what ya mean :D

thanks

Jason

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn..very good point..if i made the box as thin as possible though..do you think it would be..im tryin to get a box that is 12inches depth...that should clear it...how do you make a box that goes over the little humps and fills in the whole back of the trunk..like my diagram..just extra carpeted wood?..or what...help me please :dunno: ..thanks

jason

·
Doesn't like PMs...Email me
2,278 Posts
exactly.... you would need to use wood and cut it yourself. What I would do is make your box w/o worrying about the humps... then... on your last peice w/ the subs, cut it to fit around the humps so it looks like the box is make to fit. Don't try and make the actual boxes go around them... it will would funny and be a pain in the butt

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey you said...then... on your last peice w/ the subs, cut it to fit around the humps so it looks like the box is make to fit.....
what do you mean though...i dont understand...i would get a normal lookin box to fit right up to the humps..but what do you mean no the last step cut what to fit and how...thanks for your help

thanks

Jason

·
Doesn't like PMs...Email me
2,278 Posts
JRoz said:
hey you said...then... on your last peice w/ the subs, cut it to fit around the humps so it looks like the box is make to fit.....
what do you mean though...i dont understand...i would get a normal lookin box to fit right up to the humps..but what do you mean no the last step cut what to fit and how...thanks for your help

thanks

Jason
When you put a standard shaped box (rectangular) in your car.... if you stand at the rear of the car and look towards the back of the seat, you will see the back seat. What I suggest (if you don't want to see the humps) is that the face of the box that is closest to you while standing at the rear... you cut it so that it fits perfectly around the humps and bends of the trunk. It will look like the entire box is perfectly fitted to the trunk.

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
I put away the spare tires as whell. Its sitting in my garage now.
I bought a high pressure tube as i understand m3 dont have spare tires as whell.
But if it doesnt work i guess i have to phone someone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts