BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help I was driving just a second ago and my xenon just went out all of a sudden. I have angel eyes on and they are still working. Only one of the xenons are out….i don’t know what to do. There is a little bit of condensation on my light from my car wash..i thihnk there was a slight gap when I tried to recluse the lights…but its all on the glass part and the condensation isn’t even touching the xenon…thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Water really affects aftermarket HIDs bad because of bad sealing. If it rains for a bit my car is ok but it if its raining all day my HID's will screw up till it stops raining and drys up. They flicker and get all nasty cant even drive around, so I use my truck when it rains and dont even bother with my bimmer.

I suggest just letting it dry see if you can find a point of water getting in. If that doesnt work you may have another issue like ballast/ignitor

·
Der Meisterstück
2,496 Posts
Help I was driving just a second ago and my xenon just went out all of a sudden. I have angel eyes on and they are still working. Only one of the xenons are out***8230;.i don***8217;t know what to do. There is a little bit of condensation on my light from my car wash..i thihnk there was a slight gap when I tried to recluse the lights***8230;but its all on the glass part and the condensation isn***8217;t even touching the xenon***8230;thanks for the help!!!
the moisture is causing your xenon bulb to not work. When it dries up, see if that lamp will fire back up.

In anycase, your light housing has been compromised by moisture. This is most likely due to the Angle eye install. It will be pretty hard to get that lamp to not ever have condensation inside it.

This Xenon problem will most likely continue to happen to you, even if you decide to replace the bulb.

Your options are to re-examine the angel eye install, and re-install and re-seal the light housing. Good luck!

or

Buy a new lamp housing and maybe try the install again. New costs around $900 for one side from the dealer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is under warranty...if i uninstalled the angel eyes and such do you think they would notice?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well...its been a day i checked the headlights and the condensation is gone....but the xenon still doesn't go on

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
well...its been a day i checked the headlights and the condensation is gone....but the xenon still doesn't go on
your ballast probably got wet...

did you take the ballast from the working headlight and try it. thats what id do next... if the ballast is bad, you can pick used ones up on ebay in the $75ish range...

When xenons don't work its one of the following:

1. blown bulb (not usually)
2. blown ballast (usually)
3. blown ignitor (sometimes)
4. bad (kinked) wiring (happened to me once)

·
Registered
341 Posts
sorry i cant help but i had a similar question. so i was thinking about getting xenons for my car, but I am positive that there is a crack and moissture gets in, cuz it fogs up everytime i finish washing my car. Is this such a big problem that i cant get my xenons without having to replace my case?

·
Registered
269 Posts
oh snap i get this problem too! one of my headlights fogs up everytime i wash it or it rains, and when it rained bad it even had a little puddle inside! i might be able to fix it maybe with silicon, like suggested, god idea or bad? and will xenon's not work if there is condensation? i thought xenon's wont work if ballasts get wet not the headlight lense

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Help I was driving just a second ago and my xenon just went out all of a sudden. I have angel eyes on and they are still working. Only one of the xenons are out….i don’t know what to do. There is a little bit of condensation on my light from my car wash..i thihnk there was a slight gap when I tried to recluse the lights…but its all on the glass part and the condensation isn’t even touching the xenon…thanks for the help!!!
I have a facelift with preditor chromiums and LED side blinkers, and the exact same thing happened to me today.:bawling: :bawling:

It sucks if the balast blew. Me and a buddy will probably try to bake and reseal the head lights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts