BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I got a bandpass box with 2 12' subs in it. Is there any special adapter I need to hook it up to the Harman Kardon system currently in my car? How do I get to the Battery. My car is in my signiture. Thanx

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
For an H/K system, you will need a line out converter to decrease the line voltage to a usable signal for an amplifier.

As for the battery, it's in your trunk on the right hand side underneath that plastic tray.

rk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is that piece called, where can I get it, how much, and the best price. Thanx

·
booo for body roll.
3,406 Posts
he said it was called a line out convertor. you can try sounddomain.com i think they have good prices or just surf the net. they all basically do the same thing. take speaker level inputs and make them rca outputs.

btw this belongs on the ice forum..

·
Registered
196 Posts
If he's already got the H/K system, can't he splice into the inputs for the HK sub's amps? They should already be line-level.

·
booo for body roll.
3,406 Posts
i think you still need to convertor. search for vinnymac's wiring diagram it should be helpful.
btw-- which sub/amp did u get?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a Bandpass box with 2 12' subs at 800 watts, with an Orion Extreme Amp 4 x 800 watts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts