BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I have a 2003 325xi automatic and recently the traction control light, yellow brake light, and transmission malfunction light have all come on. The transmission warning and the yellow brake light came on at the same time and when they came on my vehicle would encounter resistance and my RPM would suddenly drop and jump back up again after a second. This happened like every minute or two when the lights were on. After letting my car sit for a couple days the lights went off. Now tonight when I was driving the traction and decent light went on and the same thing happened with the RPM dropping suddenly then it went off.
I do not know what is causing this. One of my power steering lines is leaking but I do not think that this would cause these problems. Please help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Today when I was driving at corner my tranny malfunction light went on and I pulled to the side and pulled out my manual and found that if this warning light ever turn on that to pull over and put into park turn the car off for a few minutes and the light should turn off which it did. But I'm wondering in what caused this malfunction light to be triggered in the first place. Any info would be great

1 - 2 of 2 Posts