BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received this m3 driveshaft from another member but when I opened it this is what I saw .... I can't seem to find this anywhere online. What part is it? Can it be changed out? I hope so as this is the driveshaft for my m3 swap.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Bimmer

Attachments

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
That's what's left of the CV joint at the rear of the shaft, you should be able to replace it. Looks like you'll also need the end cap and c-clip, assuming they are sold separately as they are for the 330 6-spd driveshaft. Hope you got a steal on that part. Were you informed of this damage prior to purchase?

·
Registered
26,433 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool Thx. No I didn't! Guy said it was in great shape but should have known he only wanted 150 shipped... at those prices maybe I should try to find one with it already. The guy said I can use the one off my 330. But I have no idea about that.

·
Registered
26,433 Posts
Part numbers between M3 and 330 are different, I doubt it would fit. You could try it though.

M3 Part number is: 26117841003

Also found on the E85 and E86 Z4M.
He's putting an M driveshaft onto a 330, so I have no idea what part he should use? I hope that guy is right and you can use what you have, but it's a transition between one car and the next...so I hope it's easy. I assume you knew the M driveshaft would fit.

Can I ask why you wanted an M driveshaft?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I've got the 6 sp manual m3 driveshaft and complete m3 subframe diff brakes etc... need the driveshaft can't use my 330s

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys will be ordering today! Ill post some pics but wont be for a couple weeks. I work six days a week...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts