E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member to this forum, i'm working on uploading a picture of my car . I have a 2002 325XI. I've been reading for the past weeks all about intakes. I can't decide what to do, i know i want to get one. But i don't want to get a true cold air intake becusae of even the slight risk of hydro lock. Right now i think i may get the K&N short ram intake, but my biggest concern about that is, am i going to end up loosing power overall because of HEAT SOAK.?? Will I loose any power from my engine by getting the short ram intake???? I understand i wont get much power from the intake and basically want the sound and maybe a slight power gain. If you get a chance please comment and let me know what you think.

Thanks A Lot!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Everyone seems to enjoy aFe intakes but personally I have a Dinan CAI, and even though it sits a foot off the ground I have never had any problems and love it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Everyone seems to enjoy aFe intakes but personally I have a Dinan CAI, and even though it sits a foot off the ground I have never had any problems and love it. :thumbsup:
I'd go with a Dinan, except about a month or two ago there was heavy rain over night and tons of flooding on Storrow, around Boston & on Route 2 on the way to work and I would've definitely hydro-locked the engine. Ever since then I've told myself that I'm going to do a short ram.

·
Content free since 1994
574 Posts
Holy crap.

I got the same line when I got my car. The two best mods? Window tint and a short shifter.

I installled an aFe intake and I totally dig it. The only flaw is the dreaded intake whistle. If that bothers you, look into the Dinan exhaust or UUC Viper.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=337494

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=636754

FYI the things that are better:

1. Supercharger (twin screw if you have more $$$)

2. Swap rear diff gearing for 3.46:1 gears (assumes you have a manual transmission).

Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.