BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed Suspension Techniques V1 coil-overs (along with all the other mods you see in my sig) onto my car, but now my front wheels don't fit. They rub against the coil-over on the inside, but if we go with a wide-enough spacer, it appears they will rub on the fender VERY badly, and the fenders up front are already rolled. The wheels are 18x9 ET40, tires 255/35R18, so they're stretched a 'lil bit. I love these wheels, and DO NOT want to get rid of them (although that is becoming more and more likely by the second).

So, is there anything I can do to make these wheels fit besides going widebody? Flare out my fenders a tiny bit? If that is an option, can they be pulled enough to fit the wheels comfortably without having to do any true metal-work (i.e. cutting and welding)?

ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Nick

·
Registered
9,552 Posts
You need to figure out about what size spacer you will need. But the wheels are already aggressive for the front. I say you will need to go narrower on the tire and you will be fine. They may be able to be rolled more though? My front fenders, my sister's front fenders (e46) and other e46 front fenders I have looked at are rolled, but could possibly be compressed together more?

·
Registered
16,099 Posts
I'm running KW v1's with 18x8.5 40mm non-staggered. I had to use 5mm spacers up front in order to prevent clearance issues.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 5mm spacer wasn't enough, and the 10mm spacer pushed it out a little too far, so that the fender was literally sitting on the tire. I'm probably going to take the car, the front wheels, and the spacers to my body-shop guy tomorrow and see what he can do...

·
Registered
9,552 Posts
Sucks. Let us know what they say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts