E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I thought about putting it in the "Other Models" section, but it has such sparse responses, so... Mods please move if you feel necessary, I'm not looking to infringe.

My e46 is unfortunately in better hands now. After needed a number of repairs, my mechanic offered to purchase it from me for more than my local dealer would give on trade, so I made the deal. My new vehicle is a 2006 X5 4.4i (as seen above), and I'm absolutely loving it.

I'm looking for some inexpensive/tasteful mods to do to make it more "mine" and to make it more usable. I had done the aux in mod on my e46 and have enough parts left over to do it to the e53 for no cost. It's alpine white on black, nav, sport, dark wood trim. I've considered doing a CF wrap on the interior as it's reversible and would possibly serve to keep the trim in its current condition as well as update the look a bit. Also thinking about blacking out the grills and hood vents (maybe with a cf wrap around the grill trim), maybe even debadging. If I get crazy, maaaaybe even a vinyl roof wrap.

Also, the wheels are a little rashed, any ideas on quick fix besides something silly like plasti dip? I wouldn't mind a color other than aluminum (style 132 wheels) if there's a somewhat cheap way to get them back into shape.

I've considered doing a nav update of some sort, but who knows.

I guess what I'm asking is, if this were your X5 what would you do to it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Mmmm obviously not exterior mods.

I'd get air suspension, oh yeah AIR. Only if you have stock suspension..
Other than that, something that might affect your satisfaction of everyday driving.
A decent stereo system (not the one with too much banging woofer), carputer or even both.

And then...I'd spend every penny on maintenance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
:hi: from one E46 to X5 owner to another. My E70 is Alpine White too, and this is what it looks like with black grilles and clear reflectors:

My pretty clean 214s will be up for sale soon if you want to upgrade to 20s :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.