BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some ground control springs/coilovers, but i kept my stock shocks. i have installed the rear springs, but dont know what to do about the front. the front springs are much smaller than stock (or the intrax ones i have). my friend has ground control on his e30 m3, and he said there was some cutting and welding involved in getting his on. is there any cutting or welding needed to get the fronts on, or is it just a straight change? thanks for the help, as i only have half my suspension done right now.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,794 Posts
Did you get the street or racing coils? I think you may need to do some cutting. I highly doubt that your stock shocks are going to last very long with those.

Tim

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i actually dont know if theyre street or racing as i bought them off someone. i dont expect my stock shocks to last...... im just using these until i can afford some real coilovers. thanks.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,794 Posts
Do they have a part number on them? Are you sure they are for an e46? It might not be worth the hastle to install them. How about some pictures.

Tim

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sounds like you got the 60mm springs. You will need to cut off the stock spring perch an weld on a new spring perch that fits the new springs. You would be better off just buying sport shocks that are designed for 60mm springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts