BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned my m3 now for a couple if years and feel a change is right as it has 90k on the clock and there's a few things irritating me about it. Problem is what the hell do I get now, I've been out looking at m5/6's, newer e46's m3's as mine is an 02 and I just can't decide. I think once u have had an m3 it's very difficult to move onto something on a par that has all the same attributes. It's actually really annoying me as I'm stuck at the mo. Would I really gain a benefit of getting a coupe instead of my vert or what? I've considered a rs4 but think maybe they are a little bland, m6? Not fun enough and an m5 seems to old man like for me. Any thoughts would help please guys......

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Why not E9x M3? Have you driven one? I don't have first hand experience but it's newer M3. I don't think you can go wrong with that..

·
Registered
937 Posts
The M3 is the perfect combination of performance, tossability, fun, and usability. There are higher performance cars out there, but they are either much more expensive (Porsche 911, any nearly current Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Aston Martin), not nearly as tossable (AMG Mercedes, Bentley, etc.), and/or not particularly friendly for daily driving (Lotus, Ferrari, etc.). If you can live with only 2 seats, you might consider a Boxster S or Cayman S. If you need 4 seats, there isn't much that will beat the M3.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
If you like the E9X M3 then I suggest you be patient and wait for a deal. I work in car sales and there is always a deal to be had you just gotta find it.

Personally I love The B7 RS4 and while its not as fast as the E9X M3 I would take it in a heartbeat all day over it. It is just the perfect 4 door sports car in my eyes (if you wanted a 4 door) The M5 is also awesome but too big and boaty compared to the other choices. GL with whatever you buy :thumbup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking of maybe getting an 06 in a different colour, not sure whether it's worth it or not. Then have to decide between vert or coupe

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The roof is very creaky despite best efforts to sort it, even with hardtop on it's creaks abit. The ride is so hard and that makes everything sound and creak worse. 90k on the clock worries me abit as I wonder what issues could be around the corner.....

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Get an M3 coupe and never look back

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
m5/6 is badass. I don't care if their big. I'd take that **** over any e9xM

I'd personally look into it after my e46, but the v10 would rip a hole in my oh so young college pocket.

So the next car realistically would be the e90M for me

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
m5/6 is badass. I don't care if their big. I'd take that **** over any e9xM

I'd personally look into it after my e46, but the v10 would rip a hole in my oh so young college pocket.

So the next car realistically would be the e90M for me
Plan on having a family soon? :rofl:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why perfect tho?
I like straight 6 engines more than V8s, so maybe that is why.. but it is balanced, reliable, comfortable, quick.. what more do you want? It looks great, too. It is just good at everything.

And to add, today I set my cruise control at 70mph and was getting 28-30mpg.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I like straight 6 engines more than V8s, so maybe that is why.. but it is balanced, reliable, comfortable, quick.. what more do you want? It looks great, too. It is just good at everything.

And to add, today I set my cruise control at 70mph and was getting 28-30mpg.
you driven the new M3? I think I like V8's better now when they're done right :drool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts