BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can't seem to find an exact thread of my problem..ok soo I'm having major trouble trying to install my CSL bumper....I bought the e46 preface lift brackets && still doesn't seem to fit...I have the gap right under my hood && headlights, as well ass it is not flush on both sides...the left side is ok. The right side is what I'm concerned about it sticks out && is unbearable..any help will be great. Thanks.:bow:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
you might of gotten the wrong fitment. you might gotten the CSL bumper for m3s...m3's are wider which means the bumper is going to be wider. putting a wider bumper on a coupe will cause fitment problems

·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A lot of the M3 or CSL Rep bumpers dont fit quite right. I had the same problem with my M3 rep bumper a while back. I just installed the rubber grommet that goes around the lip of the bumper. See my thread. It would help to see pictures

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=894863&highlight=
i think i need to install the rubber grommet but i feel that still won't align the sides...i was thinking maybe using zip ties to help hold it all in place? or maybe another solution.? :eeps:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
have you removed the facelift bumper bracket?

they look like this...there's pop rivet and they slide off

and please dont tell me you didnt paint then installed...should've test fit it then paint if it was okay.

it might seems the bumper is wider than the car itself! meaning the bumper is meant for m3's. you bet best is to cut it off the edge and bondo

use this tutorial
http://www.e46fanatics.com/features/feature.php?news_id=44

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you removed the facelift bumper bracket?

they look like this...there's pop rivet and they slide off

and please dont tell me you didnt paint then installed...should've test fit it then paint if it was okay.

it might seems the bumper is wider than the car itself! meaning the bumper is meant for m3's. you bet best is to cut it off the edge and bondo

use this tutorial
http://www.e46fanatics.com/features/feature.php?news_id=44
yes i removed the brackets..agh I'm so mad, stupid guy said it was for my car then again everyone lies just to get a sale.. haha these pictures are way worse then your bumper.. :face palm:ill just have to go little by little trying to clear the gap && even it out on both sides thank you for your help:)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
^ haha! you cant take people words now a days, they just want thier stuff gone ASAP. try taking off the bumper and putting it back in, took me couple tries to get the right fitment

my buddy also put a csl on his facelift coupe with the same fitment as yours..he just left it like that lmfao. good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ haha! you cant take people words now a days, they just want thier stuff gone ASAP. try taking off the bumper and putting it back in, took me couple tries to get the right fitment

my buddy also put a csl on his facelift coupe with the same fitment as yours..he just left it like that lmfao. good luck!
oh fawk no I'm not leaving it sticking out that much lol your friend is crazy...its weird tho cause on my oem bumper it also stuck out on the driver side which is weird...could it be maybe be the actual reinforcement bar? or something stuck in between the bumper && bar? ill give it a shot later on today i still have to fix my driver door regulator...damn cars always know when you have money because they start acting up lol :nono:

·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT
1,002 Posts
Does your rep bumper actually have the carrier for the reinforcement bar? I remember my Rep M3 bumper did not have anything on it to attach the reinforcement bar. i just centered it, and used self tapping screws on the top side of the bumper to hold it down. To push in the sides i removed my headlights, and screwed the bumper down right under the headlight while pushing in the side. Look at my theread posted above and you can see the bolt head under my under headlight trim.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does your rep bumper actually have the carrier for the reinforcement bar? I remember my Rep M3 bumper did not have anything on it to attach the reinforcement bar. i just centered it, and used self tapping screws on the top side of the bumper to hold it down. To push in the sides i removed my headlights, and screwed the bumper down right under the headlight while pushing in the side. Look at my theread posted above and you can see the bolt head under my under headlight trim.
It came with the slots for the brackets, I actually made it work it's not perfect flush with the fenders buhh it's not noticeable...looks way better then it sticking out so much on the sides.&& for the gap I used weatherseal strongly recommended, it worked great! :) thank you for your help. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts